blazer wheel cylinders

jlat

hello people; I heard there good for the drag race guys to hold more boost but do they help stop the car in
spirited street use?
IBBY

As stated...some have experienced an early lock up... several variables though... adjustment and tires count for alot of that ,IMO. I have had them for a while now and never had any issues with a 275/50/15 DR. They do hold better and along with a longer brake shoe can hold more launch boost..variable apply there too.

As stated...some have experienced an early lock up... several variables though... adjustment and tires count for alot of that ,IMO. I have had them for a while now and never had any issues with a 275/50/15 DR. They do hold better and along with a longer brake shoe can hold more launch boost..variable apply there too.

I agree. If you have big, sticky tires on the rear, you will most likely have no issues.

I believe you are referring to the 89 s10 with Manual brakes that's 7/8" . I've used them and have had no issue with locking up . I just use one long pad and one short . Some ppl have recommended to use booth the long pads . You can and just get a adjustable portioning valve to set it just right .

I have manual brake s-10 wheel cylinders with 7/8" bore diameter and the softest shoes I could find and all long shoes. I have no problems om the street with ET street drag radials however I don't drive my car in the rain and the few times I've been caught in the rain I drive it like a grandpa. Holds boost well

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I have just the wheel cylinders with a set of wearever shoes. Stock setup, not 4 longs. I had and ass clown pull out in front of me in a Honda Fit while I was doing 60. Dry pavement, 255/60/15 M/T DR's locked up like nothing. I didn't think it would happen, but it scared the crap out of me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

achalmersman,
What shoes are you using? Can you get them at any parts store or are you having them relined?
John

achalmersman,
What shoes are you using? Can you get them at any parts store or are you having them relined?
John
Im using the cheapest line that Napa sells. I believe it is TruStop. That is not something I normally do. I usually spend money on good pads etc but for this application I wanted the softest shoes I could find and bought 2 sets and used all longs. Seems to be working well for me.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk