Black smoke?

Tim Barnum

Yes, The car is running too rich. I've checked almost everything on the car. I replaced the ECM, Mass air, stock injectors, fuel pressure reg., fuel return line. The car has 42 lbs fuel pressure with no vacuum. It also takes about 20 seconds to start after it has been setting for a while. Otherwise it will start right up when hot. It also cuts out when you take off from a stop. Any ideas? Thanks Tim

The chip was the whole problem. I replaced it and the car runs like new. It was cutting out everytime I would take off and build 10-15 lbs boost just cruising around at any speed. Thanks for leading me the right direction. Tim

Hi,
Is your hard start also fixed? otherwise, I'd take a close look at fuel system leakdown and such. Glad most of the fix is in, though!

Yes it fixed the hard start too, but the TPS needs to be adjusted to the proper settings. Before I fixed the chip problem the fuel return line was cloged and the vaccum line to the fuel pressure reg. was cloged too. Also the power wire to the coil pack had a short in it. That's what happend from letting them set for long periods of time.