Black Bodyside Molding

Rotti54

Anyone know if any company sells a set of black Bodyside moldings? Just like that would have come on the grand nationals stock

Not sure if you can find the factory one's anymore but the Kirban one might be as close as you'll get. Maybe someone else has a source for the factory one's.

I just pulled mine off yesterday and threw them in the trash. I hated trying to wash and wax around those things. All they do is fade to a dull gray and collect wax and dirt residue.

I just pulled mine off yesterday and threw them in the trash. I hated trying to wash and wax around those things. All they do is fade to a dull gray and collect wax and dirt residue.
Were there any tan lines?

There where two types. A stick on from the factory. And a 2 piece from the dealer.. The 2 piece, had a channel that was riveted into the side of the car and the trim slid into it.
Trying to find NOS is near impossible and frankly, I think most people prefer it gone as it gets in the way with waxing.

I've seen some come off nice and easy with minimal fuss while others will take paint with them.

The roll that Kirban sells is close but not exact. I still have a brand new box of the stuff that I purchased years ago but have never used.

[quote="turbo39151" I've seen some come off nice and easy with minimal fuss while others will take paint with them [/quote]

Agree. Mine is staying on until I need a repaint. Don't want to f'up my original paint or have tan lines.

I REMOVED MINE,HOWEVER THEY DO HELP TO STOP DOOR DENTS... I INSTALLED A FEW SETS OF THE ONES DENNIS SELLS, WHEY ARE PRETTY DARN CLOSE.....

There where two types. A stick on from the factory. And a 2 piece from the dealer.. The 2 piece, had a channel that was riveted into the side of the car and the trim slid into it.

I have the riveted style with the channel. Anyone know where to the rubber inserts? They like to shrink over time.

Were there any tan lines?

Yes, there were. This sounds ghetto, but I used regular ol' electric tape (which is 3/4" wide just like the molding) and basically put a strip over the "tan line." A kind of pin stripe if you will. Actually doesn't look too bad. I figure it's just an imperfect fix for an imperfect paint job.

ttype 009.jpg
Angry Black in KY 019.jpg
I haven't put them back on any of my cars. I prefer the look without them (and badges for that matter)

Last edited: