Billet Tensioner

Many of you guys should be receiving their tensioners soon.
Just to point out if you moved to the 635K shorter belt and then use a new tensioner it might put too much tension on the front alternator bearing.
I suggest using the factory size 640K belt when installing the tensioner.

Just a reminder in post 62 it mentioned the pulley bearing is not warranted. Including any damage to the pulley if the bearing needs to be replaced and is neglected.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well, Mr. Postman just dropped mine off and all I can say is "Wow!" Very nicely done and should it ever break/fail (not likely by the look of it) it comes apart so that repairs can be made. Thanks for making this happen, Steve!

I just received mine . WOW! I almost started touching myself. quality quality.
This thing is Bad Ass! Thanks again

Got mine today, looks nice. Concerned on how tight the clearance is between the pulley and the swing arm though. Once the aluminum starts expanding is it going to start rubbing? Are the allen bolts for the bracket red loctited?

Just got home and found mine on the doorstep.

All I can say is "WOW" !

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks for putting this together.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Got mine! Piece of work it is!!! Looks much bigger than the stock one. I'm sure it's not.

Yay! Right on time.... Tomorrow's my birthday! Thanks! Perfect birthday gift!

Tom

Attachments

• 1405730077802.jpg
    1405730077802.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 150
Received mine today. It's very hefty for sure. Will be going on tomorrow.

As for clearance I suggest to just keep your eye on it, if an issue arises we will stand behind the product. The expansion of metal should be uniform since the unit is comprised of aluminum. I agree it is close and that if the pulley bearing was to be neglected it may make contact but that would be after quite a bit of wearing and bearing squeaks.
Just out of curiosity has anyone swapped the other types of pulleys to this unit yet?

See below......... When we put it on the question was asked, "Do you want to put the RJC pulley on now?" I want to try it out as manufactured. I'll be swapping the pulley sometime soon but I wanted to see how the "stock" combo works.

LL

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Mine went on yesterday along with a new Dayco belt for good measure. Easy install and looks/functions fantastic. Very happy with it. I left the pulley on it as well. Looks kind of mean.