Bigger Turbo

BeanSS

SlickSquid
Well I was reading in the Hot Air thread that G Body parts has a company that they are working with that is taking bigger turbos and converting them to be used on the hot airs (I guess by changing that carbon seal just like you guys mentioned ) for $600 beans and a core...Word on the street is billet wheels and ball bearing ones are in the works! :eek::biggrin: So far options are ta34, ta44, ta 60, and ta62 ....This is good news for us cause we can swap these suckers onto our setups!!!! yay

here's the thread the talk starts at post #12 some but it doesn't pick up until where Brian chimes in @ post #25
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hot-air-non-intercooled-tech/339485-new-headers-hot-air.html
I wonder if he'd take our turbos for a core?

they will not accept your cores.

A.j.

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg

Actually you are not forgotten. He has done quite a few carbed turbos including the old 301 Trans ams. We can get it done. I actually have a core here we can get sent out as well.

nice nice, this is excellent news.

now I can relax.

A.j.

Actually you are not forgotten. He has done quite a few carbed turbos including the old 301 Trans ams. We can get it done. I actually have a core here we can get sent out as well.

WOw glad you seen this thread and popped in! This is good info to know fore sure!Is the price still the same?

thats cool someone is thinking of the carb turbo guys.

Well you've been busy Brian. Looks like the chat we had a couple of years ago may have done some good for all the HA guys.:biggrin::cool:

Well you've been busy Brian. Looks like the chat we had a couple of years ago may have done some good for all the HA guys.:biggrin::cool:

Yes I took it to heart. I tried getting a better known turbo company to do these & fell on deaf ears. When it took over a year to move 6 down pipes it was tough to get motivated. But once we started gearing more products like upper door panels, correct carpet, ported Tb's, etc... It brought more attention & more demand. I had to realize we needed to offer more products to become a 1 stop shop.
It is like anything else once the products get out there & an improvement is seen then word spreads. It isn't over night. We have since moved another 10 down pipes plus rather quickly. Our 84-5 specific parts are doing well. I know it will never match the 86-7 sales but you really can't descriminate either.
I have a few other ieas in the works. If you have any ideas shoot me an e-mail. Your input is always appreciated.

Yes I took it to heart. I tried getting a better known turbo company to do these & fell on deaf ears. When it took over a year to move 6 down pipes it was tough to get motivated. But once we started gearing more products like upper door panels, correct carpet, ported Tb's, etc... It brought more attention & more demand. I had to realize we needed to offer more products to become a 1 stop shop.
It is like anything else once the products get out there & an improvement is seen then word spreads. It isn't over night. We have since moved another 10 down pipes plus rather quickly. Our 84-5 specific parts are doing well. I know it will never match the 86-7 sales but you really can't discriminate either.
I have a few other ideas in the works. If you have any ideas shoot me an e-mail. Your input is always appreciated.

This is too funny. I tried talking to Patrick and got no where either. No one wants to touch it and I'm glad you decided to jump in here and do it Brian.:cool: I do have some simple ideas that I will throw your way later that I think will probably make you think of a simpler way to make it work than the way I will be doing it since I'm experimenting with stuff all the time. BTW, do you have someone that can do aluminum casting? I'll tell you why later because it's still in the works right now.:biggrin:

This is too funny. I tried talking to Patrick and got no where either. No one wants to touch it and I'm glad you decided to jump in here and do it Brian.:cool: I do have some simple ideas that I will throw your way later that I think will probably make you think of a simpler way to make it work than the way I will be doing it since I'm experimenting with stuff all the time. BTW, do you have someone that can do aluminum casting? I'll tell you why later because it's still in the works right now.:biggrin:

I think I know where your headed on casting & we have discussed it already. We just have to see how many over x amount of time. We have a foundry 20 minutes from us in Lewiston.

I never named a company.
Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.
You experimenting? :biggrin:

I think I know where your headed on casting & we have discussed it already. We just have to see how many over x amount of time. We have a foundry 20 minutes from us in Lewiston.

I never named a company.
Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.
You experimenting? :biggrin:

It's not the same thing Brian.:biggrin: Something I've been thinking about for a while but haven't had time to do anything with it yet. I'll see about sending you some info when I get more done to it. Aj and I have discussed it as well and have a pretty good idea of how it will work power wise. It should make even an NA car a lot faster if I can make the first prototype and test it.:cool:

One thing I've never understood about the few vendors selling HA performance parts. Why not sell anything for the carb turbo cars? I know they aren't that popular but one would think it can't be that much harder to produce an upgraded turbo, dp, and up pipe?:confused:

Charlie, Glad to see you shooting ideas to brian. I have done the same and we have talked over the email.

Brian, Glad to see your doing so sweet things for the Hotair guys. We need to talk but i know you and I are both very busy. I have some ideas but don't want to do much till i have the car out here.

Anyways in the next month or so i need to hit you up

One thing I've never understood about the few vendors selling HA performance parts. Why not sell anything for the carb turbo cars? I know they aren't that popular but one would think it can't be that much harder to produce an upgraded turbo, dp, and up pipe?:confused:

You know I Wondered the same thing...if there were stuff out there performance wise for these cars there probably would be a bit better of sales for it because as many folks wouldn't do the IC swap just to make some power

Charlie send me that e-mail when you have a minute. It's like that old joke how do you keep an azz**** in suspense?, well it's working LOL

Brent we will both have a few hours one day I'm sure.

I'm shipping out a carbed turbo today to have checked out & see the maximum size that can be built. I should know more by Monday.

Usetaboost & BeanSS Baby steps ;) Were working towards hot airs & that will trickle down to other project developments.

I'll see about sending you a note later today Brian. It should be a cheap idea for most guys and I'll leave it at that for now.