Big leak near TV. Lost the gasket.

dlafont

It looks like the TV location is leaking big time on my 200r4. I have recently replaced my transmission and engine and the gasket for the TV hole must have got lost.

I assume it uses a gasket here.. Can I just cut one out of cork? What have the rest of you done for sealing up the TV cable hole? Silicone with the cork gasket or just the gasket?

TIA

Don

You have two seals there beside each other
One for the dipstick tube and one for the TV cable. The TV cable one looks like a little Tophat made of rubber and the dipstick one is similar but larger and not as rigid.

I order mine from Dacco trans parts supplier. Not sure if the local parts house would have it.

Dacco Incorporated - Automatic Transmission Parts and Torque Converters

Find one close to ya and order those along with a few pan gaskets and filters for future trans servicing. Save you a few bucks to boot

Yeah you need to get the correct rubber boot seal to go in there. A new one is virtually guaranteed not to leak, if you try to make your own it could be a messy disaster. It's the same as a 700R4 so go to any trans shop and they'll probably give you one out of the massive pile of them that they probably have laying around. Unhook the tv cable end at the TB first then get under there with a 10mm and pull it apart replace/install the boot make sure to hook the cable back on the wire push it together bolt it and snap the other end on the TB and yer done! It would not be worth the effort to try to goo it all up with silicone and potentially put loose pieces of silicone in your trans.

hope this helps
bob

Does anybody have a part number or pic of these.

Napa part #ATP 17154

38233.jpg

Got em today from my local transmission shop.. He just handed me a couple and said here, take em no charge. Very nice guy at National Transmission.

Don

I Think I finally found the problem... It wasn't the boots. It looks like it was the TV cable. Apparently the plastic end part of the TV cable that goes into the transmission is split bad. That is where the fluid is leaking out of.

Now I need to find a TV cable :)

Don

When you replace the cable make sure it is set properly. It should be adjusted all the way tight so you can floor the gas pedal and let it ratchet all the way out. But to double check it, it should hit max cable length at the exact moment that it goes WOT.

FWIW the rubber seal pictured is for the dipstick tube not the TV cable. Yes NAPA has the wrong one pictured for the TV cable