Big injector questions.

kevans

I'm thinking about going with 65 or 75# injectors but I'm not sure if they will be very streetable. The 86 is running out of fuel fast at 128 mph so I need to do something. Anyone running these injectors on the street? If so, who's the chip from? How good are they? Any nuances that I should know? Is one preferred over the other?

Also, upgrading the fuel pump will need to be done but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of a double pumper. Any options or opinions?

TIA,
Kev :)

I just ordered 65's today. Back to a Max-Effort and this will be Steve's first 65 stab to date. I have full confidence! I had 83's with my old motor but it was way overkill, really rich on bottom, high idle for my likes. These will get the job done!

Well if you plan to go any faster you might want to just go with the 72's. They should cover you to the mid 130's range. They should be ok on the street. And a double pumper is about the least hassle you can have vs installing an external setup IMO. Just have to turn it on at the right boost level for your combo. The setting it comes with is generally way too low for most streeters IME.

TurboTR

kevans,

Just do a search for 72(s) injectors!! Theres a lot of recent postings on this subject!!

Look like your combo. is really working well:)

Good Luck

Humm...72's I'll look into that. I was told that the 340 could handle the flow. The car is on jack stands right now for Tranny problems (13.00 @ 66mph at shoot out in 1 and 2 only) but I'm working on something here. May just blow it smooth up...hehe!

Kev :)

With my 65's, the only problem I can see is the off idle enrichment. I have heard from a few people that they have a few lean spots compared to other injectors but I am working on getting mine tuned out now. I would say go with Jim Testa.