Big Block is alive

Dusty,

I am excited to hear how she does with the 114.

Here is the turbo information from the Precision Turbo 2010 Product Catalog that I was going off.

1620HP

Number
PTB 700-5050
Model Number
PT94

Compressor Wheel
3.700" Ind/5.560" Exd
Turbine Wheel
F or G trim turbine wheel
Compressor Cover

1825HP
Part Number
PTB 700-9402
Model Number
Pro Mod 94

Compressor Wheel
3.700" Ind/4.975" Exd
Turbine Wheel
HP112 TW 4.391" Ind/4.02" Exd

It looks like you could pick up some.
However considering how much you have left and the uncertainty about next
years rules, I would not spend another dime on a new turbo.

I think the power ratings are off a little. I can make more than 1620 with the old 94mm. I ran 148 at 3520# with the old cast wheel 94.

The pro mod is a mid frame. Notice the smaller exducer on the compressor. The HP 94 may not be in the catalog you have.

I think the power ratings are off a little. I can make more than 1620 with the old 94mm. I ran 148 at 3520# with the old cast wheel 94.

The pro mod is a mid frame. Notice the smaller exducer on the compressor. The HP 94 may not be in the catalog you have.

Maybe Patrick can chime in,

The 94 that he's refering too, came out after the 2010 catalog went to press last October. This new HP series Billet 94, or what we call the B94G is a custom built for the class, CEA billet 94mm turbo with a G-trim turbine wheel. It was introduced back in March. It's specs are classified at this time. No hp ratings were given. :cool:

When it comes to the Pro Mod series of turbos, they were specifically designed for twin turbo applications where the motor is too large to happily support what a single G-trim turbine wheel turbo can support. This is normally reached at around 550ci. When the serious racers kept upgrading their motors to large monster BB, aka Mountain motors, it really pushed the limits of what the G-trim turbine wheel could support. So Harry and the gurus in the back came up with the Pro Mod series turbos back in 2008. And the power levels have gone through the roof ever since. We now have 5 different Pro Mod series turbos. They all feature our proprietary designed CEA billet compressor wheels and are as follows. PM88, PM90, PM91, PM94 and PM108. The last two numbers designate the compressor wheel inducer size in mm. Twin PM108's are rated to support upwards of 4000+ fwhp on BB Outlaw class and Pro Mod style combos.

Normally the only time we'll ok a single Pro Mod turbo for a V8 application, would be for your Ford Mod Motor setups with CI under 330. The Pro Mod turbos work really nice in that application.

Dusty's car is going to honk with the Billet 114.

Thanks for the race recap Dusty. Good job and we appreciate it.
Sorry to ramble on guys.

Patrick

Just another example of why Patrick is the best.
Is any of this information available on the web site?