Big Block is alive

Dusty Bradford

It's alive and running. Made a few test passes last weekend but had to park it with a valvetrain issue. Hope to have that resolved this week. Rocker arms can't take what they are supposed to take so we are making a few changes to beef them up.

1st pass off the trailer. I put 5# on the AMS at 3 seconds to see what kind of boost it might make. It made 3# on the springs and 7# when the Co2 came on at 3 seconds. Went 6.12 at 125mph. This was with the 94mm turbo. I found the valvetrain issue so skipped the last 2 qual passes looking some things over. Then went into 1st round elims with no data. I ramped in 25# on the gate but the 140 degree track temp couldn't hold it.

Here are the pics of the headers with the coating from Nitroplate. Their coatings are top notch.

countdown4.jpg

countdown6.jpg

I want that!! That is crazy! how much to build that motor? Good luck with it post up results when you get it right.:eek::eek:

Looks good Dusty. Nice fab work on the headers.

How many cubes and what heads you running?

hmmm... not quite enough cage is it!?!?!?

congrats on finishing the build. boy does it look simple! even though we know it's not.

Those motor shots are so sexy, this thread should have a NWS warning on it!

Dusty, car looks great. Can't wait to see it in action...Where did you find that one piece air dam? Is it glass or plastic? Thx

Dusty, car looks great. Can't wait to see it in action...Where did you find that one piece air dam? Is it glass or plastic? Thx

I got mine from Sam Colalillo. You can search his name here and get him by PM.

It's a high quality plastic. I love them.

hmmm... not quite enough cage is it!?!?!?

congrats on finishing the build. boy does it look simple! even though we know it's not.

Cage......shhh. It used to be safe to 165mph or so in the 1/4 so I still feel safe at 165mph in the 1/8th:biggrin:

25.5 will have to be coming soon but man I hate to do it.

Seen it in person and the pics dont do it justice. Every thing was well thought out and very clean. If you get ready to do a bigger water tank and and pump let me know I can use yours.

Thx...

Pretty smooth move there Roscoe...Throw a couple compliments in and then ask for hand-me-downs...Buahahahha busted!!

Dusty's done it a few more times than you have...Cut yourself some slack. Ok no more hi-jacking the thread. Call me sometime..."Old School"

awesome !

it look great and clean

very nice work

hope someone will make a movie at race track soon

thanks to sharing !

claude