BFG or MT Drag radials?

i know this isnt one of your options but for the track i love using the hoosier drag radials
ive used the bfg's which dont seem to hold up at the track.
the m/t still dont grip as good as the hoosiers
the hoosiers i put on a 67 427 small block corvette which hooks and goes now
and a friend uses the drag radials on a 7.80 mustang and they grip

Just to throw another option in the mix...... I've run everything from slicks (no comments on the legality please) to MTs, to BFGs and Nitto. The Nitto was by far the best for a street car if you get caught in the rain. I was able to at least keep pace with the slower traffic in the rain. BFG drag radials by comparison were a bit scary, ET streets were bad enough to cause me to park the car until the rain cleared.

1.58 60ft on the bfg they went over 5000 miles,mid 11 sec gn but track needed to be decent avg 60 was in the 1.61 to 1.64 range.m/t 1.61 was my best but they drove much better and i didn't get the track time on the tire to drop the 60,sidewall was much stiffer than the bfg and the m/t picked the car up after the 330.

I have run the M/T 275/60/15 and the 295/65/15 with excellent results at the track. I get the tires spinning just until the smoke fills the fender wells then stop. Excellent traction as long as track prep is there.

I have also run the 275/60/15 BFG using the same procedure and also got excellent results.

Both tires lasted about 1.5 years or about 1700-2000 miles

Anybody notice that this thread was bumped from four years ago.:eek:

Still, not much has changed.

*Nitto's are a good DD street tire that's OK in the rain.
*BFG's Hook a bit better, but turn to a bar af soap in rain (unsafe IMHO).
*MT's are decent in the rain. Hook like flypaper on the track or street, but only last a few thousand miles.

I run the MTs. For a street car, I feel that once your deep in the elevens or faster, It's unsafe to not use a sticky tire.

I do 1.50 60' times on my MT 275/60/15 DRs.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Who has the best price for MT's? I will be looking for the 255/50/16's! Thanks for your comments. I think I will go with the MT's!!! ------Jeremy

FYI the only one I found that makes a Drag radial in a 275/50 for 16" rims is M&H racemaster. I bought a set this weekend to replace the bias ply 28x11.50/16 MT ET streets. MT only has 255 and 295, BFG stops at 255.