Best way to lower a Gn an inch or so?

cwelk87gn

XCELR8S
I really want to drop my car about an inch or inch and a half all the way around and at the same time stiffen up the ride for better handling. I have free access to three wrecking yards and was curious as to what other cars have springs that may work for this. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to a set of aftermarket spring like Hotchkis or similiar. Thanks!;)

I have stock NA Regal front springs and 3rd generation Camaro springs on both my TRs w/ KYB shocks around. Wheel lips sit an inch or so above the wheels. My GN feels very stable handles real well with 17" X 8" wheels. Pics in sig.

From posts I've seen, new springs are costly and many times they don't do what is promised by the seller. Junkyard springs are cheap and what I told you will work.

The rear coils don't have a pigtail at the top......only at the bottom. They are wide at the top. If the donor car is off the ground, you can pop the rear springs right out with a large screw driver or pry. Just pry up off the bottom perch. If you get them, be sure to grab the inch thick rubber isolators. I think the front Camaro springs would work, but not sure. Any G-body six cylinder will do. Same job removing them.

3rd gen F-body springs will work but generally have a taller installed height and will raise the car instead of lowering it. Its easier to stick with the G-body parts. Its kind of hit and miss with bone yard springs. Majority of the time the springs are sacked out anyway and you cant tell with the car sitting up in the air.

Originally posted by turbofish38
3rd gen F-body springs will work but generally have a taller installed height and will raise the car instead of lowering it. Its easier to stick with the G-body parts. Its kind of hit and miss with bone yard springs. Majority of the time the springs are sacked out anyway and you cant tell with the car sitting up in the air.

I have two TRs with Camaro springs and both cars lowered. I also lowered a GN I sold with Camaro springs. Why would I tell him to do this if it makes the car higher? Does this look high?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/216747131/265791377UAqkgk