best turbo choice

49-blues

whats the best choice for a fun street turbo for a stock block with ported champion irons, 206/206 flat tappet cam, precision front mount, pats 3500 lock up stall, running low z 83 lb injectors on e-85 with a tt chip?

Probably going to hear alot of opinions here. What are your goals,budget,etc. But for a strictly street application I think you are looking at a 6262 or a 6265.

Bryan

Without a converter upgrade it won't really matter. Any 62 or larger ex wheel turbo will over power the converter around 22psi with cam and heads.

With a 3500 stall converter? I'm thinking around a6265 BB for instant spoolup? Goals are just a fun street car with good spool up. Budget is unlimited.

With a 3500 stall converter? I'm thinking around a6265 BB for instant spoolup? Goals are just a fun street car with good spool up. Budget is unlimited.

Can you send some of that budget here so I can get mine fixed? :biggrin:

Bryan

Spooling isn't the problem. Driving over it and having the engine out of the power band and converter slip being high out the back is the problem. If youre looking for a quick street car the 6262 with a properly spec'd converter will be way more fun. The 6262 will easily go bottom 10's with the right combo and tune. If the car is not raced regularly and has no bar then more than a 6262 is a waste.

A Persion GT-71 4 inch inlet, Bolts right in! (hides under a stock turbo heat sheild if cut for what ever size dump)...8^)....i have stroker stock block,gn1 irons,218 on 1.65's,3500 non-lock,3:20 gears,28 inch tall falken auto cross meats,93 octain/meth,F.A.S.T..It constantly Pulls!!!

But thats just a observiersion of mine...

Enjoy!
Brent aka Bozo

I didn't think a 6262 could drive over a 3500 stall-still learning, what would be a corrected stall for a 6262 or 6265? I also have a T-70 with .85 exhaust housing,4" inlet/2.5" outlet-would I be better off running this turbo or restall the converter for a smaller turbo?