best times w/ 6131e on pump gas

screamindemon2

I have a 6131e , mini mag chip, powerstroke intercooler, poston headers,32lb inj 2.01 60ft 8.26 8th @85 & 12.86@106.7 :confused: :eek: :mad:

screamindemon2 said:
I have a 6131e , mini mag chip, powerstroke intercooler, poston headers,32lb inj 2.01 60ft 8.26 8th @85 & 12.86@106.7 :confused: :eek: :mad:
you better look at changing those injectors to at least 60# motrons or 42's with alky

Get some good tires while your at it! Your 60' are killing you!

This is a great turbo. Had mine about 1 week love it. You should be good with those injectors and chips.

screamindemon2 said:

Problem is pump gas has an octane limitation. Also racing your car on limited octane without a scantool like the scanmaster will get you into tons of trouble quick.

Boost will make your car faster. You need octane to run boost. The 6131e maybe a great turbo.. running it at 16-18 PSI becuase of octane limits, but a stock turbo running 22-23 PSI with octane will make more power.

If your trying to go fast without cranking up the boost due to octane.. spend the money on a roller cam, heads, slicks, etc.. Most of us take the easy way out.

HTH

those times are on 26-10.5 -15 sportsman @ 4psi lanuch &18psi . I can get high octane but it kills my o2's .Im running a bosch right now & think i need a differant brand. I have a denso coming from full throttle. thanks for your imput guys :)

screamindemon2 said:
those times are on 26-10.5 -15 sportsman @ 4psi lanuch &18psi . I can get high octane but it kills my o2's .Im running a bosch right now & think i need a differant brand. I have a denso coming from full throttle. thanks for your imput guys :)

IMHO... you just answered your own question...... get alkycontrol! you can run upper 20's for boost on pump gas.... w/o killing your o2's. I would also work very hard on those 60 foot times.... even on a 4 psi launch... (if you can't hook on a 4 psi launch ... you need to buy some tires IMHO).... you should be well below 2.0 on the 60'.... maybe as quick as 1.8 or so....(even at 4 psi) ....... therefore I agree with the post above...... your 60's are killing you.....

That turbo ought to be capable of at least low 11's on a stock long block on pump gas and alky with the right complementing parts....

alky

the car currently has no tuning , hopfully have my scanmaster installed this week, but full throttle just informed me my injectors 60lbers are on back order :eek:

screamindemon2 said:
the car currently has no tuning , hopfully have my scanmaster installed this week, but full throttle just informed me my injectors 60lbers are on back order :eek:

Not bad mph on pump gas.

I'm interested to see this info as well even though I have the PT6152E. I love this turbo and it's very efficient. With the setup in my sig, I run 20-21 psi on straight 93 octane all day with less than 1 degree of knock only showing up at lockup. The only knock I see is when the tires are spinning in 1st or 2nd gear. I'm hoping for low 12s/high 11s on straight pump gas, then I will add the alky kit in the summer to shoot for 10s.

Sorry, anyone I have ever seen in the low 11s has a 1.7 or less 60' no matter what the combination of parts. My best time was with a 1.7 short. M/T new drag radials are real nice when I'm done with my BFG's I'll go to them.

60 foot times

i have been in the consistent mid to low 1.80's on street tires. my personal best is a 7.73 @ 92 mph with 19 psi on straight pump gas with no alky spraying. mods in sig.

so i think he is running darn good for the mods he has. i would work on getting the rear suspension to work well to net some better short times.

my car has a pinion snubber and 2 air bags and with street tires i use no air pressure in them. the lower arm have new busshing in them and i trimmed the excess rubber around them and didn't wrench down on the bolts holding them in to make it bind up.

i dunno it that really helps or if i have a freak from the factory:p

Without running high octane fuel or alky, or heads/cam, I don't think 11's are possible with the 6131E or 6152 turbo. The 61 series turbo's come alive at 23-24+ lbs of boost, anything lower is going to net you a best low 12 and that is with a good 1.6 to 1.7 60'. With a good set of heads and crank up the boost to 25# your in the low 11's, more tuning and few more # would probably get you a 10.9x.
Running 21# and running 25# with a 6131E turbo is night and day.

I think 2Quick6 is right on..... these turbos are capable of low 11's maybe high 10's..... but not without complementing parts and mid to upper 20's on boost.... which means race gas.... or alky. I have run my alky kit now for several months... on my car that gets driven about 400 miles a week..... set on 23 psi..... and I will never go back. I probably don't burn maybe a gal of alky a week for just street driving...... and when you need 23 psi... it is there...... the only reason I am not running 28-30 psi... is I am still running the stock turbo.... which runs out of air around 21 to 23 psi.....

You want to have your cake and eat it to...... go alky!

I'm hoping to be one of the few to post an 11 second timeslip on straight pump gas in the very near future with a PT61. I believe I have put together the parts to get it done. Now I just need for the tracks to open so I can test the theory. I have a Protorque 10.5" 3200 stall converter sitting in the trunk to help with the launch and efficiency before it locks and BFG D/Rs to go on as well. I can't wait to try and post results.