Best street turbo for low 11's ????

Oh yeah, its definately spinning..........if it spins bad I run a high 1.6 to a 1.70 60ft, and obviously lose a tenth or two. Ive just gotta get my launching down, I really dont go to the track that much. I think this year alone, I only put maybe 30 passes on the car. Next year Im gonna work on my driving, and see what happens.

http://www.shandy.com/neil/11.28@121.88,Pass6.MPG

PLEASE Right Click/Save As:

11.28 at 121.88mph, on a 1.663 60ft. Last pass of the day on Halloween. It was actually starting to spit rain on this pass, yikes! That was about a 10psi launch off the ebrake. You can also see the car bounces on launch a little, the following week Bryan and I put boxed uppers on the car, seemed to help a little........when I get my computer back, Ill find the vid of the 11.08. GOTTA LOVE THESE CARS

Best I did with a PT52 was 10.92 @ 123-124ish with 29#. Switched to a TE45a and I've run the times in my signature albeit with slightly more boost. With the converter I'm running (and the extender extreme) I noticed virtually no difference in street driveability between the turbos. IMO the bigger turbo is more efficient at the high boosts required when you're running unported heads.

Just my experience...

Jim

Nice times for a stock motor!:D You are my inspiration. I need a bigger turbo!;) I am getting no better times from my TE-61 after about 29#. I tried! But it is finished. Do you have the GTQ turbine, or a P-trim? .63 housing?

Thanks!

Scott

i hope to beat those times this spring. Bigger turbo, like a 45GTQ, or maybe even bigger. Trying to see how much air I can force into the motor. At what point should we get a girdle? I would rather not wait and find out the hard way. Are we safe dipping into the 10s?

Originally posted by turbo2nr
Nice times for a stock motor!:D You are my inspiration. I need a bigger turbo!;) I am getting no better times from my TE-61 after about 29#. I tried! But it is finished. Do you have the GTQ turbine, or a P-trim? .63 housing?

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks Scott. Turbo is a Craig TE45a with P-trim wheel and Precision .63 housing. Launching off the foot brake at 8-9#.

Jim

Originally posted by boostedLC2
Thanks Scott. Turbo is a Craig TE45a with P-trim wheel and Precision .63 housing. Launching off the foot brake at 8-9#.

Jim

Damn Jim that car is making some serious power through the stock engine and trans. I'm a little surprised that the engine is holding up, but blown away that the trans hasn't come apart.

I'm with you on using a big turbo. I see alot of people running great times with a barely adequate turbo and killing them. I have rarely seen so many rebuilt turbos for sale with less than 10K miles in my life.

I went with the T-76 on my 99 GT and with it barely working(16 psi), the car at 3600 lbs, went right into the 10s. I plan to go with a good sized turbo on the GN. I would like to use a dual BB T66 with about 3200 stall.

Your car runs awesome. Keep up the great work.

Marc

Originally posted by Marc87GN
Damn Jim that car is making some serious power through the stock engine and trans. I'm a little surprised that the engine is holding up, but blown away that the trans hasn't come apart.

Your car runs awesome. Keep up the great work.

Marc

Thanks Marc.

It's holding up for a couple of reasons. I tune for ZERO knock retard and run very conservative spark (21 deg). In addition, I don't run my car at the track very often so I'm only seeing a few quarter mile passes per year. That being said I do have a spare trans sitting on the floor in my garage :) .

Part of the reason for the mph is the converter. I lock it up at the eighth mile and that probably buys me a couple mph.

Jim