Best Street tires

wordy1

Looking for the best ride quality, and best track performing street tire.. and of course raised white letters..

What size would still look factory on 15 x 7" wheels? Would it be best to get the same size all around? Been told I should go 275/50/15 in back and 215/65/15 up front. Just don't want to have poorer ride and handling as I do drive the car often. Or would it better to go with 235/60/15's all around?

I think they are 215/60/15's now? I really like the tires on the car now, but cannot find them anywhere and they have over 50k on them, it'll be time for new ones soon.. They are Grand Prix Radial G/T's.

Thanks guys...

Looking for the best ride quality, and best track performing street tire.. and of course raised white letters..

What size would still look factory on 15 x 7" wheels? Would it be best to get the same size all around? Been told I should go 275/50/15 in back and 215/65/15 up front. Just don't want to have poorer ride and handling as I do drive the car often. Or would it better to go with 235/60/15's all around?

I think they are 215/60/15's now? I really like the tires on the car now, but cannot find them anywhere and they have over 50k on them, it'll be time for new ones soon.. They are Grand Prix Radial G/T's.

Thanks guys...

The 275/50/15 on the rear will be a must if you are taking it to the track. Are you looking to get as many miles out of them as possible or tires that will hook as good as possible on the street?

Milage not too big a concern, but overall ride quality and handling are.. Will the car handle and drive funky with larger tires in the back?

Will 275/50/15's hold tight on a 15 x 7 wheel?? Thanks...

Milage not too big a concern, but overall ride quality and handling are.. Will the car handle and drive funky with larger tires in the back?

Will 275/50/15's hold tight on a 15 x 7 wheel?? Thanks...

A couple of years back I ran 275/60/15's on stock GN wheels and it will work however you may need spacers so the tires do not rub the frame. It will handle a little different than the same size all around. I did not care about cornering so it was no big deal. If you want a tire that will hook on the street check out the M/T ET street radials. They are nice and will hook well even on the street.

Looking more for a real street tire like a BRGoodrich, Goodyear, etc. something that can handle all driving conditions, like I said the tires on the car now are perfect for me, they just won't last forever..

I'm thinking about 235/60/15's up front and 255/60/15's out back, will both of these tire sizes fit on a 15 x 7" wheel? and will the car handle and ride fairly well with this combo of sizes? Planning on more robust springs out back which should handle the taller tire nicely and hopefully help plant the car better than the 215/65/15's on the car now :). I've seen Monte SS's with 275/50/15's and they don't look right, the rear tire looks too small compared to how wide it is.. and I want to look stock appearing..

What difference in RPMs can I expect with a 27" tire vs. a 26" at say 70 MPH with a 3.42 rear and a lock-up TC? If this combo will indeed work well, will I need to adjust the speedometer?

Thanks guys...

I run a 255-60-15 tire on the rear of my GN, on a 15x7" rim, they fit fine and I think the car rides better with them on than the 235-60-15's I had on the rear. Being 1" taller I found it to throw the speedo off by about 3 or 4 mph less at 50.

I run a 255-60-15 tire on the rear of my GN, on a 15x7" rim, they fit fine and I think the car rides better with them on than the 235-60-15's I had on the rear. Being 1" taller I found it to throw the speedo off by about 3 or 4 mph less at 50.

What size you running up front? Does it still look "stock appearing"??

I'm running stock size tires up front,215-65-15's. The 255-60-15's are 1" taller than stock so it makes the rear sit up a bit higher, which I like. I think the wider tire give the car a more aggressive look over the stock 215-65-15's.

I found a good set at tiresavings.com, i use that just to look up brands and see who makes a great 215/65/15. I'm going with the falkens ZE 512 ZIEX, if not just look around, radial t/a are good, but it depends on how fast your gonna be going and how long you want them to last, a tire with both i think will COST, but those falkens are go up to 130mph. NOt bad for a 53 dollar tire. As for those goodyear GT's they never hooked, EVER!!!! not even new. Hope this helps