best shavers

b231v6

What's the best electric shaver? I've used foil shavers before and was'nt impressed with them.Been shaving with a blade for a while now,wondering if they've got better in that time.About 4 years or so. Rotary,foil or ???????? what maker??????? or stay with the disposable blades. Thanks.

I use the Braun self clean, sort of expensive but it works decently. Nothing like a razor though.

I have tried a couple of different electrics over the years. The best shave I get is with a Gillette Mach 3 in the shower.

Get a fogless mirror, take your shower, let your whiskers soften up in the steam, shave and voila... awesome close shave.

This is the ONLY way I have found to get a close shave without tearing the shizzle out of my face.

HTH

Joel

ONly my wife shaves in the shower,,I use the manly mirror:eek: :eek: outside the shower

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
ONly my wife shaves in the shower,,I use the manly mirror:eek: :eek: outside the shower

I agree. Think about it...who started the whole "shaving in the shower" thing? Alan Alda on MASH. The antithesis of manliness. The one who started that "caring and sensitivite" crap in the 70's.

Shaving in the shower is - let's face it - very, very gay.

:D :D :D

I shaved my beard off about 18 months ago. It was the first time since 1988 that I had to shave! (and I only shaved in '88 for a wedding)...

Because shaving's sorta new to me, I've tried a few different ways to shave...

long story short...the wife got me a cordless Norelco this xmas...no contest!!

Originally posted by Mac in SD
I agree. Shaving in the shower is - let's face it - very, very gay.

You guys are killing me. Everyone knows its only gay if Asphalt shaves you while you are both in the shower together.

:D

I've had two Braun foil shavers over the years,and like I said they did'nt impress me. Mach 3 I feel is the best blade.Maybe I'll give the Norelco rotary a try. Thanks for the info.

P.S. shaving in the shower is a lot more convienent and easier to clean up. If you really wanted to be a man you could dry shave!!:eek:

Originally posted by Mac in SD
I agree. Think about it...who started the whole "shaving in the shower" thing? Alan Alda on MASH. The antithesis of manliness. The one who started that "caring and sensitivite" crap in the 70's.

Shaving in the shower is - let's face it - very, very gay.

Call me gay then 'coz it works very well for someone with very sensitive skin on the face. :p

I guess Im another one of those married with 1 kid and Another on the way Gay guys,...:p ..Because I also shave in the shower,Cant get a better shave,Period..I use the Mach Blade..

To also add to my Gayness......I use Conditioner instead of any shaving cream or Gel....Not only does it work 100 times better...But 1 bottle of cheap conditioner will last me a good part of the year....Not bad for $2.00...;)

Glad to be out of the closet.....:p

Shawn

I'll go along with BFH. I have used a Norelco razor since 1984. I am on my second one which I got 3 years ago for Xmas. Close shave with no yanking the hair out by the root.;)

Drew

I just bought a Norelco yesterday after the old one crapped out after 15 years:) the new one is better then the old one but still not close to a razor..

I've been using those Mach 3 turbo's but I think something's not right as I'm not getting any spool or boost PSI....... hmmm, maybe a bad Y hose??:D

Seriously, those electric razors never seemed to shave as close as I could get with a blade. I like the Netrogena shaving cream which has an oatmeal base. Also have found that cold water works better during shaving to rinse blade with.

i jsut got the remington self cleaning electric razor for Christmas and its great. Its very expensive, like the mercedes of electric razors but I have sensative skin and the norelco tore me up. U have to replace the cleaning solution every month to month and a half. the solution is about $5 at best buy.

its the titainium smart shaver system

Originally posted by DKREDT
Get a fogless mirror, take your shower, let your whiskers soften up in the steam, shave and voila... awesome close shave.

I agree. I've never heard anyone say otherwise that tries it. 100% better shave than any other method and no mess to clean up or clog your sink drain.

The razor is a Schick version of the Mach 3. It's got a flexible blade so it doesn't skin you like the Mach 3.

Wusses... nothing beats DRY shaving with a Gillete Trac 2.:D

It tends to hurt a little if you go more than 2 days of growth before shaving.

I spent 10 years shaving daily in the Air Force. I've tried everything from Braun, Remington, and Norelco. In the end, I found that the best shave was with the Mach 3 razors.

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Champion is the best shave I've ever had. And the blades last quite a while if you shave after showering. I can't stand electric razors, dries out my face.

Steve