Best pro touring setup?

When going G-Machine with a Grand National there are Many Many things you must do before buying the tires you desire.

First: an most important, Get your Body Straight on the Frame. Non these car came perfectly straight from the factory. It been a Proven Fact! There not off a lot but are enough to serious hamper your tire clearances on wide tires,change the bushing out while your there,go poly urethane or if your die hard, Hockey Pucks

Second: Plan your whole suspension at Once. Reason, all the different styles an combinations have different lowering an wheel off set's on the front,Example; one set front a-arms drops the car a inch,disk brakes set the wheel out to fender 3/4" more then stock etc.etc.

Third: Now order your tires an rims for Monster. You'll have perfect Custom G-Machine that Works!

Fourth: Buy every "Brace" you can find for G-body unless you added a roll cage,There's about 4 different sets for the front an 3 sets for the rear,You will twist an torque everything you just done back out of shape!!

Enjoy!

Bracing everything is a good point. What most don't realize is that GM didn't really consider the car a "full frame" car. It's clasified like the 70's f body cars because the center of the frame is so flexable. The funny part is you can run sub frame connectors on an F body or unichasis car but if you box the center of our cars you get looked down on in a lot of cases. All boxing is the same as running sub frame connectors and make the chasis more stable. It really doesn't make sense to me.

I don't see anything wrong with buying a nice "packaged" setup. If it's from a respectable company, it's generally a well thought out effective design that works. Plus, not everyone wants to piece together their own system.

Again, I apologize to Mr. T and Charlie.

Like IBBY said, it is about what is best for you... but you have to figure it out; in doing that you will learn what you need, not necessarily what is marketed to assumed goals. There is nothing wrong with the products offered up in part or in a kit - I only recommend that you figure out why you need it before you buy.

No offense taken, no harm done.

What were we talking about again?

Boobs. They make everything better. Boobs.

(I'd bet everyone is smiling now.)

Like IBBY said, it is about what is best for you... but you have to figure it out; in doing that you will learn what you need, not necessarily what is marketed to assumed goals. There is nothing wrong with the products offered up in part or in a kit - I only recommend that you figure out why you need it before you buy.

That is my point exactly here. Most really don't have the knowledge and aren't willing to understand what they want out of a car other than making it "handle" better. Most of them are disappointed when the car doesn't live up to their expectations. This goes back to knowledge and experience. That's where the better kits come in.

Those that have the knowledge and experience or are willing to do the research invloved to find out about the system as a whole can do it less expensivly and still get good results.:smile:

(I'd bet everyone is smiling now.)

:biggrin:

like ibby said, it is about what is best for you... But you have to figure it out; in doing that you will learn what you need, not necessarily what is marketed to assumed goals. There is nothing wrong with the products offered up in part or in a kit - i only recommend that you figure out why you need it before you buy.

(i'd bet everyone is smiling now.)

boobies?

Yeaa

Attachments

• 1257718712924.jpg
    1257718712924.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 222
Is anyone running the Proforged taller ball joints?

I have taller Howes with double adjustable upper arms on my 2+2 and I love them, but for my T-type, I like to just press in a ball joint in the stock arm and call it good (I don't need the monster Caster I have on the 2+2, because I won't be crusing in my T-type @ 165 mph)

This is what I'm planning on using myself.

SRP Lower Ball Joints - Circle Track and Oval Track Parts For Sprint Cars, Late Models, Hobby Stocks, Street Stocks, and Mini Stocks

SRP Upper Ball Joints - Circle Track and Oval Track Parts For Sprint Cars, Late Models, Hobby Stocks, Street Stocks, and Mini Stocks

As far as the lowers go, I haven't found a lower I want to shell the cash out for yet so if I go with the stock lowers I will be using these bushings. I may be changing my mind but I don't want to use poly lower bushings on it for the squeek factor.:biggrin:

SRP Lower Control Arm Bushings - Circle Track and Oval Track Parts For Sprint Cars, Late Models, Hobby Stocks, Street Stocks, and Mini Stocks

BTW, did you get the info I sent you the other day?

Is anyone running the Proforged taller ball joints?

I have taller Howes with double adjustable upper arms on my 2+2 and I love them, but for my T-type, I like to just press in a ball joint in the stock arm and call it good (I don't need the monster Caster I have on the 2+2, because I won't be crusing in my T-type @ 165 mph)
UNGN - check out BuickMike's "Extreme budget GN build thread." Post #2.

Thanks, Toady I'll do that.

Charlie, we run solid lower bushing in our 2+2 and have to have at least 5,000 miles on them by now with no issues. Since I don't plan on driving my T-type in the rain much, I'm probably going to go with dirt track LCA bushings in the stock arms, too.

I have no complaints about the steering in my 2+2, or feel any Harshness in the front suspension.

Charlie, we run solid lower bushing in our 2+2 and have to have at least 5,000 miles on them by now with no issues. Since I don't plan on driving my T-type in the rain much, I'm probably going to go with dirt track LCA bushings in the stock arms, too.

I have no complaints about the steering in my 2+2, or feel any Harshness in the front suspension.

Thanks for the info. I'd wondered if they'd be an issue or not and you answered the question for me. I was also planning on boxing the bushing area in so when I press the bushings in it wouldn't effect the arms as much. I know how badly they can get deformed while putting new bushings in after all.:frown: