Best place to get a GN engine rebuilt?

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
Who is good with these engines, and how high are they? I don't look to get it done anytime soon, but I will have to sooner or later. she's got almost 160k on her and with the new alky boostin' that TE-60 on up there I know it is just a matter of time. Anybody know anyone that knows what these engines should have done to them, and not what a Chevy engine should have done during a rebuild? Were they high, cheap, reasonable? Thanks.:cool:

As far as rebuilding your stock block goes, Benny Bennett down in Augusta, GA is the way to go. He does it on the side, so he's not the way to go if you want it done fast. But he knows exactly what makes these cars tick, and he won't BS ya. You have to go with the stock cam or a roller for him to touch it though, he doesn't like anything else(and he'll tell you why). The machine shop he uses is kick ass too. Oh yeah, thats where my motor is right now:D

Ive got a 109 block freshly machined(.030 over,hot tanked,magnafluxed,line bored,new cam bearings and freeze plugs) If your interested PM me with an offer.The block is in Birmingham,AL. All cash offers considered.

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
Who is good with these engines, and how high are they? I don't look to get it done anytime soon, but I will have to sooner or later. she's got almost 160k on her and with the new alky boostin' that TE-60 on up there I know it is just a matter of time. Anybody know anyone that knows what these engines should have done to them, and not what a Chevy engine should have done during a rebuild? Were they high, cheap, reasonable? Thanks.:cool:

Richie Kibler is doing mine .. As far as price goes he is (in my opinion.more than fair..)

His handle is TURBOKID

Can ya give me a little more info on the work Richie is doing for you? Special cam, porting, etc.? I have talked to him a few times at Brewer's. Very nice guy. If you don't feel comfortable giving me the info hear you can either e-mail it or P.M. it to me. Thanks.

Sure...

Currently over the next 30days..

*=If the $$$ are available/If not then over the next 60-90 days

Champion Heads
Swapping the DP
Checking the Lower (Pistons,Rings, Etc) and change if needed ( Im praying it will not need it!
Porting the Intake to match heads
*Optional - Billet Pulleys
MSD 50s
New CAM -I think it will be out of box nothing too fancy
Lifters/ROds *If needed
*T63
9/11 Torque Converter
*PTE Front Mount
Bead Blast and Clear coat the Intake and Valve Covers..(LOOKS VERY NICE)

He did just get finished with an entire rebuild of the drivetrain on another 87 and it appears to be a BAD MOFO... Ever option that I can think of was put in it. I am no expert by any means in cars, I have been to certain "Specialty Shops" where I have not been tooo impressed.. The thing about Richie is, is that he is honest and does not tap dance around what you need to go the speed or performance that you want.

Sure I will need to sell my 1st born to get what I want <just kidding> . But I will know that when it is done it will be done right and he is a short distance away. Like he was telling me and what everyone I have talked to "It is about how you tune it"... But from my standpoint Richie know is Sh :eek: t and will definetly get it done right the first time.

Here is his contact info...Would not hurt to call or bring it to him to get his opinion..He is off of I 40 and NC 42 in Clayton

QAS Motorsports
Qaulity Auto Service
919-771-2269

MID-LOW 8'S IN THE 1/4

Trust me, if I thought my car would make it I would. Clayton is at least 2 hours from me, one way. I have sent him an e-mail and hopefully he will respond. Maybe he'll sell me that big ole turbo on his car while we're talking about upping my performance....:D

Well, checked the torque converter bolts....tight as a drum. I wish I could get to the crankshaft bolts but the torque conv. is in the way. I had the crankshaft bolts come loose once. Didn't find out what it was until I had my tranny rebuilt and the guy told me that was my problem.