Best dual fan setup

Dr.drivability

9 second wannabee
What is the best dual fan setup, spal, intrepid, etc? Was thinking of intrepid setup due to parts availability. Opinions please! Thanks, Dave

My advice would be to go with the Taurus fan. It is very commonly used in custom type applications and has a flow rate of over 3500 cfm. One of the other automotive sites tested it against the popular aftermarket fans and it out performed every aftermarket fan they tested including the dual spal set up. You can get them used on ebay for around $50 but I bought mine new from Oreilly's for $129 with a lifetime warranty. My car runs cooler in town than it does going down the highway now! It worked so well on my car a buddy of mine switched his 70 Chevelle with 515 BBC from a 16" Spal to the Taurus fan and he said the difference was night and day. Do a interent search and you will find lots of info on the fan being used on everything from Cobra kit cars all the way to rock crawlers!

Ramchargers/Intrepid fans still going strong in my car. I advise you to install the Casper relay harness along with them if you go that route.

That Taurus fan seems really promising. I too would like to see the link. $129 for a brand new Ford fan with warranty is pretty good. They made like a million Tauruses so you know that they will be plentiful in the future.

I have the Spals and they are flat out AWESOME! You can't compare them to the doge fans. These suckers pull hard. Sounds awesome too when they kick on. They are a heavy duty fan. They suck a piece of paper up to the grille when they engage. My car goes from 170ish to 160ish in about 25 seconds. I highly recommend them.

My advice would be to go with the Taurus fan. It is very commonly used in custom type applications and has a flow rate of over 3500 cfm. One of the other automotive sites tested it against the popular aftermarket fans and it out performed every aftermarket fan they tested including the dual spal set up. You can get them used on ebay for around $50 but I bought mine new from Oreilly's for $129 with a lifetime warranty. My car runs cooler in town than it does going down the highway now! It worked so well on my car a buddy of mine switched his 70 Chevelle with 515 BBC from a 16" Spal to the Taurus fan and he said the difference was night and day. Do a interent search and you will find lots of info on the fan being used on everything from Cobra kit cars all the way to rock crawlers!

Id like to know more about the Taurus Fan Setup. How did you install, relays, wiring, stuff like that. Pics? Year models of the Taurus?

Thank you!

The mk 8 fan flows better than the taurus fan over 4000 cfm the taurus fan comes in a close second...the mk 8 fan is on 93-98 mk 8s i believe..Its got an orange and white sticker in the top the blue wire is for the high speed dont forget to get the plug and a decent legnth of the wire when you get the fan.. I got one at the pic a part yard for $25..

The mk 8 fan flows better than the taurus fan over 4000 cfm the taurus fan comes in a close second...the mk 8 fan is on 93-98 mk 8s i believe..Its got an orange and white sticker in the top the blue wire is for the high speed dont forget to get the plug and a decent legnth of the wire when you get the fan.. I got one at the pic a part yard for $25..

how many amps? is it single or dual?

Im not sure i got it for my na car and i dunno how many amps but its a single fan with a low and a high with a shroud built into it..We put one on my buddies monte carlo just cut the ears off the sides it and slotted it on the bottom so it would slide down to the bottom on the core support..that gave it just enough room that it will fit snugly under the radiator top plate....

I just installed a set of 11" SPAL's and they're terrific. My stocker was on it's way out and in stop and go traffic my temps would rise to just over 200*. With the SPAL's, I haven't seen them over 170* yet.

Are the Taurus or mk 8 fans drop in an plug and play? Or what all is needed to make them fit and work electronically?

Interested as well on the wiring/drop-in details. 100 degree heat, A/C on full blast, DC gridlock traffic, with the Full Throttle duals the temp creeps up.
Mike

Hmmm, i have searched the internet and the taurus fan seems to be the one to get. BUT, most guys are installing high amp relays aka ford style starter solenoids (External) to work with the 35 amp draw for high speed. What does the Taurus use for the high speed relay??? Anyone have one on their Turbo Buick? I have seen some write ups and they all use the large solenoid....

Spal twins from Cal Hartline

..make the investment and buy the SPAL twin 11" from Cal Hartline. My friend Luis Lopez recommended them to me 9 years ago and they are still working perfectly to this day.
Slim design, low current draw, easy install.

SPAL twin 11".....FTMFW!!