best chip

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
which chip is the best? ive heard mixed emotions of the Thrasher92 and a lot of good about the Red Armstrong? well any input is apperciated.

thanks

neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
which chip is the best? ive heard mixed emotions of the Thrasher92 and a lot of good about the Red Armstrong? well any input is apperciated.

The best chip is the one that's fully optimized for your car. And that takes learning how to do them yourself.

Second best is, a *tunable* chip, ie the Translator Plus, and Extender or ME devises.

Then is just buying chips, until you happen across one that's sort of what you need.

never had a problem with any of the thrasher chips for stock injectors,great service too!!!!!!!

I have a thrasher for 009's and I like it, At first I didnt understand it so I was concerded about how it works, After the learn mode(FOR ME NOT THE CAR) I like the way it works and the way it runs. Oh yea I also have a Red 93 street chip, Which one is in my car? THE THRASHER! Nuff said!

I personally like the RA 93-108 chips but it comes down to what "your car" prefers just try a couple different brands and youll know ( or your car will know ) what it likes best.Good luck.

the extender is by far the best chip i have had in my car the responsed of the chip is very good spool up awsome spend the money and get you one will not be disapionted rick

QUOTE FROM bruce:

""The best chip is the one that's fully optimized for your car. And that takes learning how to do them yourself.

Second best is, a *tunable* chip, ie the Translator Plus, and Extender or ME devises. ""

That pretty much sums it up!

:)

best chip?

I'd go with a chip from Jim Testa, great chip, great service, and you can't beat the sarcastic humour, right Jim? :D

HTH

Jim Testa sucks. :D Just kidding Jim. Dont hurt me. ;) I'll prolly be trying out one of your chips in the future, I'm sure. (Watch, he'll probably rig mine to explode now! :eek: )

Best bang for the buck, and on the street: Thrasher. I have the T92 and it runs strong, spools fast as all hell, and idles very smooth. I was amazed at the difference in idle from the stock chip. With my stocker in there, the idle was rough and stumbled severely when cold. The thrasher made it idle like a new car. Ran pretty strong at the track too.

For a little more money, get in touch with one of the popular names in chip programming and tell them ALL about your car & combo. They'll make a custom that will really run great. Only reason I havent done this yet is because I dont yet have a combo. I havent even started modifying my car yet.