Beehive Roller Springs??

Just a Six??

OK! Who Farted??
Anyone hear stories of the springs not lasting more than 25K miles?? 210-215 cam?
Someone is trying to tell me they don't last??
Just like to confirm either way as mine are fine after 10K & track days to 6K rpm.
Cheers!
David

The comp beehive springs had some problems with breaking for a short time but that is solved, PAC here in Detroit started the whole beehive thing recently. Comp was buying them from PAc but went to Mexico and had some issues. We only use the PAC spring in our kit, which have been proven to be great
Mike

The comp beehive springs had some problems with breaking for a short time but that is solved, PAC here in Detroit started the whole beehive thing recently. Comp was buying them from PAc but went to Mexico and had some issues. We only use the PAC spring in our kit, which have been proven to be great
Mike

Thanks Mike! He is an old fox selling heads & I never heard about it myself, but I'm no spring chicken either so better to ask! ;)

I am using your springs now & they are fine as the 210-215 revs to 6K on shifts.

26918 will cover 95% or more. I usually use 26120 on aluminum heads unless it's a solid lifter application. Installed height is verified and adjusted as needed. You can run the conical springs very close to coil bind with no problems. One set I have has over 20k miles been on 2 different sets of heads and has at least 120 dyno pulls on them. Still pulls clean to 5800 @28-30psi boost. I've never experienced a broken one.

If your in doubt of them just check the loads. Should be 130lbs at 1.800" that is the pac springs.

Behives have been known to break on the ls1 motors,but that's with 600 lift cams.

We have had close to .650 lift on some of ours without any problems. Beehive springs are the cats meow if you ask me. The stock ls1 behives may not be able to support .600 lift though.

I can get you set up in a single with over 500lbs over the nose or mike can he is our distributor.

The beehive technology has come leaps and bounds in the last 10 years.

I was told you can use the stock LS1 springs up to 650 lift with no problems.

Anything above that Comp makes a stiffer bee hive spring that will work with higher lift numbers. I am not sure what the part number is but you can call them to get it.

And yeah we have spun TA block and heads motors up to 7000 rpms. No problems at all.

I dropped a valve on brand new set champion GN1's 3 year's ago,billit rollor,T@D 1.65's,22psi on meth, 1/2 track ,second run on 500 mile rebuild, Leave the beehives for the Bee's..

The springs breaking issue was with Comps a few years ago when they moved manufacturing to Mexico as Mike stated earlier. I use only PAC Nitride treated, which are made in the USA, beehives in several LT1 and LS motors and are in both my daily drivers and have never had a problem and have never heard of PACs breaking. Mine have had .603 lift in the past before swapping in the smaller cam in the TA now with over 30k miles on them.

I still enjoy looking at my broken beehive spring on my workbench. It snapped at the upper coil appx one turn from end. This was 5 years ago and likely a batch from Mexico. Fortunately I happen to find it while inspecting the valve train for other issues. It broke in less than 300 miles too. :eek:

But Mike Licht recommended replacing with the PAC's ones which have been great. Mike tried to pay for part of the replacements since they came in his roller cam kit, but I refused his money - not his fault in my assessment and appreciated that he told me the real story. Good enough for me and gotta keep these turbo buick vendors in business.

Yeah . . . I know . . . old thread . . . . :eek: . . . . still good info and good tech value . . .

I did a quick search because there is always talk about broken beehives, rpm limit/valve float, etc. . . . . I got worried because the car has beehives from FTS which were installed around mid 2010 . . . Install was verified and have logged a clean pull to 6200 . . about 9 months ago . . accidently . . . . So far, no issues with the beehives on this car. The setup includes morel lifters . . . and 206/210 HR1 from FTS.

Kuddo's to Mike and our other vendors for all the research and putting these kits together for the general public! :cool:

I bought and installed my 210-215 in June of 2005. It doesn't know when to quit revving. It's performed flawlessly. The higher the boost,the higher it revs.