Be thankful TR's came turbo from the factory

he probably has never seen a turbo blow up, hes going to get shrapnel in his ass, but before that his car will be on fire from all the heat!

if he is already making 5xx hp then the compression ratio is high... hope he knows to lower the compression ratio to 8:1.... and get a turbo cam

Remote turbos work VERY well, when designed right. There is no problem making BIG power with remote turbocharging. If you understand the way turbos work, then you can appreciate the work done by this fabricator. Hiding the turbos in the mufflers is something I have contemplated myself. What a sleeper. Becareful downplaying this kind of system. I have followed what he has done, and with 300+cid, and turbos, it will make alot more power than a solid turbo Buick. His workmanship is nice and out of the box. I personally LOVE IT! But.......that is the way think.

I think people who are knocking this set up are just jealous they don't have the skills to do it.

He's working with his own car so it isn't like he is buring an unsespecting customer. He has experience, this obviously isn't his first rodeo. Spending his own time and money.

Remote turbos are NOT new, they have been done before and work well. What is to hate?

Is it because he thought of something others didn't?? Probably.

I think it's awesome (though I am not a Mustange fan).

The guy has some skills. I wonder how he has so much free time? I like the sneaky stuff...:cool:

Looks like he $hit that car up:eek:

with his fab skills seems like he wouldnt need to cut the car up so much :confused:

You guys kill me. The guy is using a proven rear mount concept. STS turbos have been selling them for years. And FWIW I had a buddy with a STS on his Camaro with a stock 6.0 truck engine (except intake and exhaust) make almost 500 RWHP. The biggest problem with his STS was the turbo sat very low to the ground. This guy figured out a way to move them higher off of the ground and hide them at the same time. It is very obvious that he has thought everything out and if it goes as planned should be a good sleeper. I applaud him for thinking outside of the box. But as normal, if his idea doesn't fit the norm he is a hack, idiot, or what ever else you want to call him. From what I see, he is none of the above.

I think people who are knocking this set up are just jealous they don't have the skills to do it.

He's working with his own car so it isn't like he is buring an unsespecting customer. He has experience, this obviously isn't his first rodeo. Spending his own time and money.

Remote turbos are NOT new, they have been done before and work well. What is to hate?

Is it because he thought of something others didn't?? Probably.

I think it's awesome (though I am not a Mustange fan).

+1

A.j.

That looks like a pretty darn nice setup...Some bugs to work out I'm sure, but I like the idea.

That is Bad-ass.

Checkbook hotrodders/tuners obviously can't appreciate something like this.

This guy knows what he is doing.

I still can't figure out how he thinks lag isn't going to be a problem with a million feet of tubing between the engine, and the turbos. I'm also still lost, on what's going to happen to those seats, when those turbos have been spoolin' for a few hours... If remote turbo setups were soo squared away, all turbo cars would have them mounted there....

Remote turbo's are normally only used on cars that just simply do NOT have the room under the hood for them. Like the new corvettes and cadalliacs. Those systems are using a system that does not suffer from lag so I would say go to one of those forums and ask how it is possible. I myself am not sure how they do it, but that's because I wasn't curious enough to ask when I had the chance.

You know what's funny? All he needs to do is turn the AC on in the car and the inlet temp will drop! lol :D I wonder whats going to happen with the cabin psi once the turbos spool up? :confused: It might not be enough psi to make a difference. I like his idea btw. ;)