Battery Relocation

gordyzx9r

I'm having a pre-luber installed, and right now it looks like the best spot to put it will be...where the battery currently sits.

Still debating it, but we might move the battery to the trunk.

I thought for sure Casper's would make a battery relocation kit, but I don't see one listed.

Options?

Ideas?

I installed mine in the spare tire well and bought a cable kit with both the pos and neg cables from jegs
I then fabricated a cover to seal the battery from the trunk so i dont have to use a rear firewall or batterybox...I can post pics tomorrow if you like or if you need them
-Dan

I installed mine in the spare tire well and bought a cable kit with both the pos and neg cables from jegs
I then fabricated a cover to seal the battery from the trunk so i dont have to use a rear firewall or batterybox...I can post pics tomorrow if you like or if you need them
-Dan

That would help out allot, thanks.

Check the rules on battery relocation I think you must put a master cutoff switch on the back of your car if you relocate your battery.

Check the rules on battery relocation I think you must put a master cutoff switch on the back of your car if you relocate your battery.

YUP got that...
battery in well.jpgpush off.jpgpush off covered.jpg

When I go to that track I simply remove 1 bumperette( 2 nuts) and extend the rod for the push off switch...then add masking tape and take a sharpie and write "PUSH OFF"
After racing is done, I removethe rod extension, reinstall bumperette, and peel off tape:cool:
-Dan

Nice installation. How did you secure the battery underneath the tire well? Did you put a plate there or bolt to the frame?

Nice installation. How did you secure the battery underneath the tire well? Did you put a plate there or bolt to the frame?
Additionally, that hold down looks to be plastic?? If so, no dice, if the tech guy is looking....

I used some flat steel stock and ran some 3/8 threaded rod top to bottom attached nuts wand welded nuts

Additionally, that hold down looks to be plastic?? If so, no dice, if the tech guy is looking....

I go thru tech with the battery covered when they look under the car and see the 3/8 rod and stock steel and the welded nuts they are happy with that...

After my camera charges a bit ill snap a few pic for all of you guys following the thread...
check back in a hour or 2...
-Dan

if and when the tech guys test that switch , doesnt that re set all the settings in your ECM? I am looking for a way around this/

if and when the tech guys test that switch , doesnt that re set all the settings in your ECM? I am looking for a way around this/
run the ecm orange wire (under the hood on passenger fender) back to the pos terminal at the battery

short switch.jpgbattery cover carpet.jpgbattery cover.jpgextension.jpgholdown.jpg
I used some flat steel stock and ran some 3/8 threaded rod top to bottom attached nuts wand welded nuts

I go thru tech with the battery covered when they look under the car and see the 3/8 rod and stock steel and the welded nuts they are happy with that...

After my camera charges a bit ill snap a few pic for all of you guys following the thread...
check back in a hour or 2...
-Dan