Battery Power Issues

DOUNVME

IHUNTV8S
I have an 85 buick regal, GN clone. I installed some gauges last night in the passenger side dash. I know what I am doing. I have installed many gauges including three previously in this car. This afternoon I noticed my interior lights didn't work. My radio doesn't work. None of the continuous 12v power to the fuse box works. The sources in the fuse box that are powered when the ignition is on,works. I checked the power to the CD player and the only power I am getting is from the 12v ignition source.

Basically what I am asking is where is the 12v relay. Is there one, and where do I go from here? None of the continuously 12v powered sources in my car have power. I will be at my computer for the next several hours. If there is something else you need to know in order to assist me, just ask. This is giving me a headache!!

Thanks in advance!

If it blew, you need to find out why it did. Once that is corrected, an inline fuse would work, but I think you can get replacement fuseable links.

when I first got the car, the alternator wasn't charging the battery. The alternator was good though. Garyk1970 helped me to bypass what he said was a bad fusible link, because I never could find the bad one. Is it possible that this is the same one, or are there more? The alternator problem is why the guy sold me the car. I didn't have anymore problems after that. That was back in June and over 6K miles ago and I have been "improving" it ever since. The only changes that were made when this problem occurred is volt and oil psi gauges. I wired the volt meter to the wire coming from the alternator to the fuse box. That is the wire that gary told me to install to bypass the bad fusible link. It has a diode in it. Could any of that be the problem? I unhooked the wire since, but the problem is still there.

I am not an electrical troubleshooting type of guy, but I checked power on both sides of those fusible links down by the starter and they both had power on each side with the ignition off. Are there anymore fusible links in the system that could cause this problem?

What is the proper way to check a fusible link??? This might be a dumb question but I am willing to try anything at this point.:confused: