Battery in trunk with fake underhood?

PigGuy

Living close to Summit, I picked up a battery install kit and Optima battery (both on sale) for $100 total.
I want to install my battery in the trunk, and I also plan on alcohol injection. My #1 dilemma is how to install the alcohol injection as cleanly as possible. I want to keep it stock appearing.

My plan is that I want to relocate the battery to the trunk and use the casing of a battery as the alcohol injection reservior, maintaining a stock look. After getting the battery down to the case alone, I plan to seal the battery with some sort of sealant.
Knowing what a terrible idea opening the battery was, I put on rubber gloves, a cheap raincoat and face protection. I then sitting in the driveway, I tried to pry the case of a dead core battery open with a flathead screw driver. I know it's nuts, so I gave up after I didn't make any progress.
One friend told me to grow some balls, pull off the caps, dump and dilute the acid and go at it with a grinder or saw.

Does anyone know where a battery case alone can be purchased? Or, does anyone have any suggestions of how to attempt gutting an existing battery without killing myself or destroying the battery case?