Battery Drain Alternator Issues

Slick84GN

Hey guys,

Still working on a battery drain problem with my stock 84 GN. Someone told me that there should be no AC voltage at the battery when the engine is running. Right now the car is showing 30 volts AC when running. They tell me this is caused from a leaking diode in the Alternator/Generator. Checking current drain shows about .25 milliamps at the positive terminal. Doesn't seem to be excessive, but the battery keeps getting pulled down. Load tested a fully charged battery and its fine. Charging system is putting out about 14.5 volts to the battery when the engine is idling. Any help??

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Still working on a battery drain problem with my stock 84 GN. Someone told me that there should be no AC voltage at the battery when the engine is running. Right now the car is showing 30 volts AC when running. They tell me this is caused from a leaking diode in the Alternator/Generator. Checking current drain shows about .25 milliamps at the positive terminal. Doesn't seem to be excessive, but the battery keeps getting pulled down. Load tested a fully charged battery and its fine. Charging system is putting out about 14.5 volts to the battery when the engine is idling. Any help??

Thanks!
If you have an Autozone or Advance auto near you they will come out and test your whole charging system for free, then you will know whats wrong..

SW.