battery dead

watz

So last night I hooked up my hot wire kit and walbro 340. Today the battery was slow to turn the car over...odd it's only a year old. So I went back to the shop after work to pick it up (new springs) and slow to turn over. So I drive around for about 20 minutes trying to get the car to charge. Stop at home, turn the car off. Battery dead. I can jump it just fine seems to run ok. Any ideas why the battery would be dead? I unhooked the under hood light but it didn't help. Would the hot wire kit cause this? Fuel pump? Seems odd... it jump starts right away and runs fine just continuelly has a dead battery, this is only since yesterday when I installed the hot wire kit and fuel pump....

Any ideas?:confused:

Have you measured the battery voltage with a meter, with and without the motor running? Does the alternator light on the dash come on when you turn the key on without starting the motor? Maybe you unplugged the 4 pin connector at the rear of the alternator and forgot to put it back? That will keep the alternator from charging. Hotwiring the pump shouldn't cause the problems you're seeing unless it isn't wired correctly and something is staying on all the time maybe.