basic track setup?

RGS87GN

last season i went 11.6 with sticky tires a 1.98 60 ft, and bone stock suspension. is there a tried and true setup you guys prefer for a seasonal driver that still wants to hook up at the track. also to anyone running tubular a-arms up front....is the differance worth the money? thanks

Something doesn't make sense. I have a bone stock original suspension with the exception of air-bags and cut 1.6x 60' with sticky tires. You should have a better 60'. Do your tires spin or do you just come out lazy?

11.6 @ 1.98 60 foot? I have a slip like that from my ten second 125+ mph car on 225 60 street tires. You need to launch on more boost if you have no wheel spin.

if i leave at anything more then one lb of boost i spin half the track. thats using 275 mickey et streets with 16-18psi......i assumed suspension was the problem

I hated those tires for the longest time. I tried them on my Corvette and was in the same boat as you. If I tried to leave aggressively with them I would spin all the way through first gear.

I put some on the Buick hoping for better results. At first, I was still experiencing the same problems. Leave with more than 1 or 2 PSI and they spun until after the 1-2 shift.

What finally got them start working for me was a super burn out with them. Normally, I back into the water, pull out of the water a tad, spin until I see smoke in both rear view mirrors, let off the brake and floor it for a second or 2 while I spin away from the water box. With the MT drag radials, if I spin them until I see smoke in both side view mirrors, then mentally count to 5 while still smoking them, they hook like a champ.

Anyway, that's my 'around the world' style of asking you if you are doing a big burnout. That is what helped me get them to hook. I've been cutting low 1.7's with them since I started doing that. I can dead hook it on all the boost the brakes will hold (about 8 PSI).

Yep, you need a longer burn out for the tires to heat up, if you have a line lock I go up to about 60-70 mph then come out of the water ... and at this point smoke is comming in the vents as I pull up to the tree. This was hard for me to do at first, I kept thinking there goes, 20, 30 dollars worth of rubber but if you don't heat them up they will spin.... Once you get that thing to hook-up, look out... it's a cool feeling being pushed back in the seat hard when there is no wheel spin. Come back around to the shack and see that 1.6 something 60' time slip for the first time!
Good Luck,

Chuck

You def need more practice and forget the tubular a arms on your car.......

I bet with an e-brake launch, your car is capable of a 1.50 60' on those tires as is...... It's not gonna happen though without experiance.

Too much air in tires. Try 10 to 12 # I went through this last year. Be careful at big end, she will be a little loose, but she should hook!!

Oh, your one of those guys. :rolleyes:

yeah im not a mechanic. and there if not one person on here can recommend a part for the most basic rear suspension known to man and the best advice i can get is "well my car does this" its looking pretty hopeless

yeah im not a mechanic. and there if not one person on here can recommend a part for the most basic rear suspension known to man and the best advice i can get is "well my car does this" its looking pretty hopeless

Nordys on the right track call HR Parts. :)

LOL That's funny Nordy everyone knows you sold it because you didn't know how to work on it and Billy was to far away. After all your funominal sub 9 second passes you thought it would be a good idea to sell her and for only $**k? You really wanted it gone. :eek: I might have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. ;)

And yes my car does run 9's Nordy. Go out to the next track rental. ;)