Barn Full Of Monte's?

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I had my garage doors adjusted last week. The repairman, nice guy, came and told me what he had done to my "barn full of monte's":eek::confused:

I just shook my head and said, "thanks.":frown:

Well there are owners of Garage Door Companies, there are managers of Gragage Door Companies, and then there are the grunts at garage door companies :biggrin: Give the poor guy a break, he probably didnt get laid off from Martin Marietta building rockets :p

Dude, i get this all the time...usually from women you look like washed up extras from a Whitesnake video

Had almost the exact samething happen with a garage repairman only he thought my car was an Oldsmobile 442. I actually corrected him, but he was like "yeah, it's the same car."

Haha, these cars are so hit or miss. Either people know what it is or they're way off.

When I went to the track 2 weeks ago I had a small groop of kids work their war over to my car.
They were very interested in it.
They were in their early 20's, and one came up to me a said, "So, you put a GN motor in a Cutless?"
I stoped what I was doing and turned to him and said "Now thats funny!!!"
I don't think he was jokeing..

I almost got lockup one night coming home from Philadelphia, they kept me there for 15 mins until the guy that was chasing a monte came back and said out loud that is a GRAND NATIONAL, WE'RE LOOKING FOR A MONTE CARLOS.

I almost got lockup one night coming home from Philadelphia, they kept me there for 15 mins until the guy that was chasing a monte came back and said out loud that is a GRAND NATIONAL, WE'RE LOOKING FOR A MONTE CARLOS.

That is a good one - I don't imagine it was for you at the time though!

I think ALL of us at one time or another have glimpsed what we thought was a GN and it turned out to be a Monte or visa versa. Have caught myself once or twice. Now just sitting there right in front of one that's a different story.:)

Barn full of Monties?
That's what you should call your garage.

"The full monty garage".:eek:

Mike Barnard

Mark is right. Probably why GN's are confused for Montes is because said confused people have seen quite a few Monte SS's and not many GN's.

Then again I've seen people confuse Chevelles for Novas and vice versa.

I'll admit when I was a kid I saw from a distance what I thought was a '65 Ford Falcon being towed, later got a closer look and saw it was a '62 Chevy II. :redface: