Bakers

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
This seems to be a pretty cool weekly (every Sunday weather permitting) event.

I think we should keep this thread updated about who is going to attend when so we can meet up.

The show officially runs 3-7 but most people begin gathering at 1.

I spoke with Chris (owner) and he said some people get there earlier (11ish) and put out cones in the spots next to them for their friends. If they have not arrived by 3 the cones are moved.

They hand out trophies at 6. Makes for a long day for whoever gets there early enough to reserve spots. If someone can volunteer to do that each time (we can rotate) the rest of us can show up later and not have to be there all day.

I know Ryan you plan to go and I can go a few times a year. There are a couple other guys in Brighton and the surrounding areas so maybe we could have a little TR section and make everyone else jealous :D

I will get this thread started by saying this Sunday 6/3/07 I will not be going as 1) it looks like it might rain....and 2) if it doesn't rain I will be at Norwalk.

As of right now I will plan to be there next Sunday 6/10/07.

We can pick the first volunteer to be there most of the day and save spots as that date gets closer.

This is just an idea...let me know if there is any interest.

Bill

Here is a link: Bakers of Milford - Banquets, Receptions, Weddings, Cruise Night, Restaurant/Bar

Maybe

Hey Bill,

I plan on going to a fly-in / car show in Jackson Sunday morning but I might be able to stop by in Milford later on. In years past I have been the only TR at Baker's on the occasional Sunday I've attended. Overall, the show is pretty good... just needs more Buicks. Chris greets you personally upon arrival and praised our cars while I was checking in.

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Yeah, Chris was downright neighborly last time I was there. Very cool in my book :cool:

What time would you be there? I don't yet know when I will arrive but probably around 2pm.

If enough TR's wanted to go this Sunday I would get there early and put out some cones to reserve spots for others. You have to be there by 3 or Chris asks you to move the cones.

Probably wouldn't get there until mid afternoon. My dad and I might go look at another project car after the show in Jackson.

Ya, that's what I need. :rolleyes:

I'll make plans to go. Might get there around one as long as the weather looks good.

Hey Brian. That would be cool if you could attend.

If you are planning on attending I will take a few cones with me so we can park together, unless you want to spread out in the lot so we are more distinctive...let me know. Same for you Jeff...we can be together or spread out...just let me know so I pack the cones.

Lets try and get some numbers

I believe I will be up there. My dad should have his 68' Camaro vert up there too. I owe a lot to him for helping me get my GN as purrrdy as it is! Anyways, if I knew how many TB's were coming, I could try and save some spots!

Let me know,
Ryan

Hey Ryan. When do you think you will arrive? I planned on heading up around noon and saving 3 spots next to me.

So far the list is:

me
you (Ryan)
Jeff (maybe after the Jackson meet)
Brian (if the weather is nice)

Sunday

I wont be up there by noon. I would think closer to the 1-2 O'clock hour........

I plan to be there about 1pm also. There will be spots to "cone off" but they may not be the prime ones. Still...we will all be together so that's cool.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me tomorrow my cell is....

734-417-1201

There might be another 87 GN coming. Matt from Holt Auto Sales (corvette & muscle car dealer) has to go to the jackson show to advertise cars but he might be able to make it to Milford with his personal car. So we might be up to five cars now. Anybody else? Come on the weather is supposed to be beautiful. I wanna see ten turbo regals together tomorrow.

Well a most good time was had by all (I hope). There were I think 7 TR's over the course of the day?

I am a bit sunburned in spots but it was worth it.

Thanks for coming those of you who did :)

Yeah, it was a good time. A little hott in the black top lot. Maybe next time we setup shop up on the lawn. Definitely got lots of spectators checking out the GN's. Funny to hear all their comments. One of my favorites was, Gn's were black, they only made Monte Ss's in Blue. Funny, my brother had a white one, and in fact, the only year they made blue monte ss's was 84'.

Thanks for the dudes who showed up and let me check out their rides and see all the stuff I still need to do to my car! :)

Ryan

That is a really cool weekly event that they have going on there every sunday. It's amazing the amount of cars that show up there. Wish it was a little closer for me, I would cruise it every sunday. It was nice to park the cars together. Hope we can get together like that again. I know that we are going to try and plan another get together at Bakers, but there is also Woodward Dream Cruise. I heard the get together is on the wednesday before the cruise. I'll have to take the day off work because I work afternoons.

I just stumbled on to this show, but the people are friendly and the cars were great! Glad you can't use a Visa card to by a car, or I would blown the limit on the car!