Bad torque converter lock up switch??????

2QWIK4U

This happened the last time I drove my GN. It feels like the torque converter is locked up in 1st and 2nd gear,the car feels like it is struggling to pull and lunging. Pulled over and restarted car and it took a few stops and starts before it did it again. When I had the manual switch to lock the converter it would feel the same way if I left it on in 1st and 2nd gear. Wondering if I just need a new lock up switch or converter may be going bad?
Does the brake light switch affect this at all? Thanks

The brake pedal switch provides +12 volts to the TCC solenoid, with the ECM providing ground. The next time this occurs slightly depress the brake pedal, that will interrupt the +12 volts to the solenoid. If the issue goes away then it is due to the TCC being locked.

The ECM could be bad, as the quad drivers will fail. It could also be the wire between the ECM, ALDL connector, and transmission connector shorting to ground.

RemoveBeforeFlight

The brake pedal switch provides +12 volts to the TCC solenoid, with the ECM providing ground. The next time this occurs slightly depress the brake pedal, that will interrupt the +12 volts to the solenoid. If the issue goes away then it is due to the TCC being locked.

The ECM could be bad, as the quad drivers will fail. It could also be the wire between the ECM, ALDL connector, and transmission connector shorting to ground.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Im on my second new ecm in the last year. Im hoping its just the solenoid, I need to service trans anyway so I might go ahead and change it

Unplug the 4 wire plug on the side of the transmission. If the symptoms continue, you'll know it's inside the transmission. If the problem stops, you'll know it's outside the trans.