Bad knock sensor?

ChrisF

Got the car out this year and it's tossing code 43. Knock gauge does nothing, even on startup. (it used to show a few led's when you first started it)

Seems plugged in and all, knock sensor and wires all appear fine.

Someone mentioned the ESC module - a small box over by the MAP sensor that sorts out the knock sensor signal to the ECM - may have quit. I guess knock sensors rarely go bad?

What do you guys think?

TIA

Chris

also -

I found this on here:

"Well I found out what the problem was. Apparently anytime the Casper's knock gauge is tied into the yellow/black knock sensor wire it gives me that code. I just unhooked it from the ecm wire and now it works, but as soon as a try to tie into that sensor for some reason I get the error code. Strange, I guess my knock gauge screwed up? Maybe sending or taking too much signal from the ECM? I found a part of the power wire from the knock gauge that had been chewed up a bit and looked pretty bad, but I cut it and soldered it back together but was still getting the error whenever I tried to tie back into the ECM knock sensor wire. Anyone else had strange problems with there Casper's knock gauge? I've had it installed and untouched for almost a year until now."

Anyone had the gauge go bad and cause this?