Bad grounds????? Please help!!!!!!

83 Cannon

Okay I'm tired of my car shocking me everytime I get out of it and touch the door handle. How do I track down the culprit?
And my instrument panel...smh...aw lawd! My a/c worked fine (but now blows...I mean the good way just may need to charge it back up tho) and my instrument panel and dash (Buick sign over the glove box) use to light up but now doesn't.
I took my car to a mechanic I used to deal with some years ago thinking they were still good but I was wrong. I had the mechanic do a major tune-up, valve cover gaskets, and fluids, etc. But when I got my car back, my dash doesn't light up anymore. When I cut on my headlights on, my radio clock goes out but the radio still plays. How can I fix this problem??

You will need a test light first. Disconnect the negative battery cable and connect the light in between the cable and the negative side of the battery. If it lights up then you have a short.

Make sure the trunk light and under hood light are disconnected when you do this. If the test light is on then start with the fuse box and pull one fuse at a time until the test light goes out. If the light is still on after the fuses have been pulled and re-installed the start by unplugging electrical componants under the hood until the light goes out. If this doesn't find it then you'll need to start unplugging things under the dash until the light goes out.

Okay I'm tired of my car shocking me everytime I get out of it and touch the door handle. How do I track down the culprit?
And my instrument panel...smh...aw lawd! My a/c worked fine (but now blows...I mean the good way just may need to charge it back up tho) and my instrument panel and dash (Buick sign over the glove box) use to light up but now doesn't.
I took my car to a mechanic I used to deal with some years ago thinking they were still good but I was wrong. I had the mechanic do a major tune-up, valve cover gaskets, and fluids, etc. But when I got my car back, my dash doesn't light up anymore. When I cut on my headlights on, my radio clock goes out but the radio still plays. How can I fix this problem??

You've got problems, but this is not one of them. It's static electrical discharge caused by your a$$ dragging across the seat. Can't do much about it...

and my instrument panel and dash (Buick sign over the glove box) use to light up but now doesn't.
But when I got my car back, my dash doesn't light up anymore. When I cut on my headlights on, my radio clock goes out but the radio still plays. How can I fix this problem??

Did you check the interior dimmer control to see if it was turned all the way down?

You've got problems, but this is not one of them. It's static electrical discharge caused by your a$$ dragging across the seat. Can't do much about it...

Sure you can...touch the door or roof or anything metal connected to the car and stay grounded as you slide across the seat.