Bad ass viper

83ttypecooled

Hi,
A buddy of mine was showing off his 2005 Viper copperhead today,hit the gas while leaving and it just lit 'em up til the rev limiter cut him off. What kind of configuration do you think would equal such a mighty brute? My Regal in present form couldn't touch him. I would dearly love to make him respect a V6. I have read the reports on these, and they are the lightweight 500 HP motors. Any enthusiasum out there for straightening a viper guy's tie?

87 drivetrain and all associated stuff.
Fresh rebuild with Stock block,ARP studs installed with stock caps,align bored to ensure proper fit.Sealed Power forged pistons,stock rods,resized for ARP bolts,stock heads with low cost stainless valves,206/206 Comp flat tappet cam, TA49 turbo,009 injectors,hotwired Walbro 340, Hooker cat back exhaust,K&N filter in stock airbox,Spearco water injection, pretty stock otherwise.

your not to bad now,new turbo,inj alki. and lots of boost..what tires??...not sure if you will beat him,,but he will respect you..

Hi,and thanks for the responses.I think the viper is an outrageous vehicle, but I have a hunch that it is weak on traction.That should give my creampuff a little advantage. Turn up the boost,and add a dash of e85,and I'll bet I surprise him. These monsters cruise pretty fast. And they sure look nice.We shall see what the outcome will be....

Well, such a Viper in stock form is, at worst, a low 12 second car. My 06 has never been down the quarter, but my cousin's 04 has--many times. It is basically stock except for a 3.73 gear, air filters, and exhaust. It spits out 11.70 time slips all the time, and has dipped into the 11.40's. However, the car traps in the 122 mph range, regardless of e.t. It runs 100mph in the 1/8 mile, too. No problem for a good TR et wise, but the mph tells the story. Keep in mind that these are legitimate 190mph+ cars, and they easily sprint to 150-160 in the standing mile, stock. No street Regal around will challenge a Viper from a fast roll. Simply, race them hard from a stop or low speed, pull a few cars on them, then let off and call it a race before 115-120mph or so, or suffer the consequences when the Viper hits its stride. Thanks, Rudy.