backfiring

helrazr

i got a stage 2, took it out today when building up boost the car backfired a few times then stalled, i coasted to a stop, pulled a wire off the coil pack held it and turned it over there is spark put a coil tester on that looks good but still will not start anybody can ya hlp me could it be module, crank sensor or what? thanks guys

Are you running a stock style cam sensor?? If so, pop off the cap, and see if the reluctor spins by hand. I've seen the retaining tabs break, cause backfire, and eventually a no start. Phil.

the cam sensor does not turn by hand it just turns by rotating the engine over, when i try to start it, it tries to start after whirling over when i let it of the start position on the key it gives a bloop or two and thats it!!!

tried another ignition module

i tried another ignition module and coil pack of my dads 1986 t-type and still no change, not sure where to go next, what are the procedures to checking the cam sensor and and cam sensor gear thanks

Use the search feature, it's all there. Still sounds like something is going on with the cam sensor. Phil.

Use the search feature, it's all there. Still sounds like something is going on with the cam sensor. Phil.

I agree. Saw this happen to Derek in NC on the dyno. The cam sensor would not turn by hand while in the car, he finally removed it and was able to see that it had spun. Good luck.

Bryan

can i just pull the cam sensor out, or are there certain procedures to do when taking it out thanks guys!!!!

Yes you can just pull it out, going back in requires the procedure. Not a big deal at all.

Bryan