back seat squeak

kietzman

My 87 limited T has an annoying squeaking coming from somewhere in the rear passenger side interior. I have installed the rear seat braces, but the squeaking remains just as annoying. I have the back seat out. I just redid the headliner and nothing was a problem between it and the roof. Does anyone know of a typical problem wire or plastic piece that may be rubbing in this area-- before I start pulling apart all the rear passenger side interior trim pieces? Thanks for the help!:confused:

A couple of things. The rear trim molding across the top of the back window is held in with clips and screws. If the screws are missing it will rattle/squeak a little. Also the back seat bottom has a metal bracket that fits into a clip in the floor pan. It can squeak too.

Thanks for the ideas, but none of them are the culprit. Have removed, replaced, and secured spare and jack---all quiet. Replaced upper back window trim with screws when I replaced recovered headliner. Still squeaks with rear seat out, and thus no clip in floorboard. Does anybody know of anything running behind/beneath the lower side trim along passenger side below rear little window? Thanks.

kirban 2 cents worth

I agree with the above the back glass can move up and down ever so slightly....hard to pinpoint....one method to see is hit the window with a water hose see if you get any drips inside your car...if so window could be the culprit....

kirbanperformance.com