Back at home, at last!

Tom Mahi

My name is.......Tom :o)
Hi all,

For those of you who knew I was away, I am back now with the scoops on Norway.

The people - Never thought I'd see soooo many blond, blue-eyed people in one place! Something like 95% About 4% brunettes and redheads. The other 1% had jet black hair (natural color) and ice-blue eyes. This is both men and women. Average height was about 2 inches taller than local people. Almost everyone spoke english.

The surroundings - Mostly farmland and steep hills along with their famous fjords. Some little fishing villages here and there. The nearest "big town" was forty-five minutes by high speed ferry. (kinda like the one that was going between Kalaeloa and downtown)

The CARS - Not one Turbo Regal to be found, BUT... I did see some old American iron prowling around, such as a 1970 Chevelle 'vert in flawless black paint, a Mach 1 Mustang complete with racing stripes, a 57 and 59 Cadillac and a few others. Considering that gas is $5/gallon, these owners must have some serious coin. There was even a drag racing event while we were there, but it was too far to drive.

Well, that's it for now. Good to be back home! :cool:

Aloha,

Welcome back, Mr. Mahi! Good to have you back on the rock. So, when's the next "get-together"?

Steve

Hi Tom,

Welcome back. Hope you had a good vacation. What towns did you visit?

Could you please give me a call at work tomorrow?

Manny