BA Intercoolers: Anybody have one?

I have found that each one of my cars run about 20*'s warmer with front mounts then with stock location I/C's. My main street car stays at 180 with a F/M soon as I run up it to 26psi it goes to 200+:eek:

When I had my Mustang dyno it had a HUGH fan in front of the car that really moved some air. I don't think even that came close to a car moving downtrack at 100+ MPH so your results are very impressive

Westside,I have a decent sized fan there.But that was also a 3rd back to back pull,so there is some heat soak to consider

I wasnt done yet though;) It had a little more.
But after a phone call,there is a possible big change in the future:rolleyes:

my car is running at a cool 160 degrees right now and it stayed at 160 in the summer at 90+ degrees...i didn't run the ac because it needs charging but i will get it charged before the summer gets here so i can see if it is going to run hotter....i see it maybe going to 180 on a hot day with my ac on but i do have a recored Nick Micale radiator, dual fans, and only run distilled water just incase of a head gasket failure:eek: Bob

Here it is! 5" incher :D

Attachments

• 5IC-1.jpg
    5IC-1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 186
I have a BA cooler 5 inches thick, it works great, i have had 5 different front mounts in my car, BA sent me the cooler and said if you dont like it or want it send it back , i installed it and 6 months later they sent me a bill and the price was 300 bucks less than the price i paid another vendor for the one i took off, they are great guys to deal with, i dont care who goes fast with what cooler i didnt buy it because some other person has one, as of this time it will be the last cooler that i will ever own, good luck on your purchase,

Why are they great guys to deal with? How are they "great" guys to deal with? Did you give them data and feedback they can use? Did they make refinements based on your input? Or are they just "great" because you got a "great" deal on your IC, one that others most likely won't get?

This IC debate is ridiculous and nauseating to boot. I know nothing about the BA IC but looking at the demensions the thing looks to be the same size if not larger than a CAS V3. The V3 has been into the 7's and on several 1500HP cars to date so I would expect the BA to be at least capable of 1200HP if not the same as a V3. To take an IC that is dimensionally the same as a cooler capable of supporting 1500 or even 1200HP and comparing to one that is capable of 700HP is ridiculous.

My understanding is that the standard "Jack" was built to "replace" or compete with a CAS V2 IC, which it did admirably, especailly since it was no longer available. The CAS V2 was never intended to be on anything faster than 10.50's but it has gone as fast as 150mph. From what I've seen the "Jack" is very well capable of performing to the level of a mid 10 second car which 90% of the people out there buying one are going to use. This IC shouldn't be compared to anyhting other than a CAS V2, Eastern Perf. FM, PTE std FM. or anything comparable in size and weight. I think when looked at this IC is going to be comparable to all those in its class and even better than some.

When comparing the "Jack" to a V1 (notV2) it is significantly lighter meaning it is going to have significantly less cooling surface area so it is essentailly going to be a smaller IC even if the core surface area is the same.

In determining the proper IC for your combo you need to take into consideration the inlet and outlet temps (IC efficiency which changes from one combo to the next) along with inlet and outlet boost pressure. This will change from car to car and combo to combo and day to day depneding on weather. Another thing to remember is you need pressure drop a across the core to have cooling. A straight pipe will have zero pressure drop but no cololing either.

Why are they great guys to deal with? How are they "great" guys to deal with? Did you give them data and feedback they can use? Did they make refinements based on your input? Or are they just "great" because you got a "great" deal on your IC, one that others most likely won't get?

This IC debate is ridiculous and nauseating to boot. I know nothing about the BA IC but looking at the demensions the thing looks to be the same size if not larger than a CAS V3. The V3 has been into the 7's and on several 1500HP cars to date so I would expect the BA to be at least capable of 1200HP if not the same as a V3. To take an IC that is dimensionally the same as a cooler capable of supporting 1500 or even 1200HP and comparing to one that is capable of 700HP is ridiculous.

My understanding is that the standard "Jack" was built to "replace" or compete with a CAS V2 IC, which it did admirably, especailly since it was no longer available. The CAS V2 was never intended to be on anything faster than 10.50's but it has gone as fast as 150mph. From what I've seen the "Jack" is very well capable of performing to the level of a mid 10 second car which 90% of the people out there buying one are going to use. This IC shouldn't be compared to anyhting other than a CAS V2, Eastern Perf. FM, PTE std FM. or anything comparable in size and weight. I think when looked at this IC is going to be comparable to all those in its class and even better than some.

When comparing the "Jack" to a V1 (notV2) it is significantly lighter meaning it is going to have significantly less cooling surface area so it is essentailly going to be a smaller IC even if the core surface area is the same.

In determining the proper IC for your combo you need to take into consideration the inlet and outlet temps (IC efficiency which changes from one combo to the next) along with inlet and outlet boost pressure. This will change from car to car and combo to combo and day to day depneding on weather. Another thing to remember is you need pressure drop a across the core to have cooling. A straight pipe will have zero pressure drop but no cololing either.

Those are great points, but the "jack" is over $1000 and the Ba is under $900. I have spoken with Mark at Ba performance and is very sharp with these cars. I did/will not buy an intercooler because everybody is running a particular model.. I buy what is going to be the best product for my dollar. Its my decision. I in no way intended for this to be a vendor bashing or the like, but as with everything it always seems that way. You seem to have a good grasp of the effects of intercooling. I just like the fact that Mark has done independent testing of HIs intercoolers to give the consumers something tangible to go on on buying a piece of aluminum for $800:D

this is america where you can buy what you want believe what you want and i spent four years of my life defending that right, so when someone treats me with respect and i have their trust i may call them great people to deal with and i dont have to answer or explain my actions to anyone, good luck with your BA cooler i hope you like it as good as i do the one i have,:biggrin:

this is america where you can buy what you want believe what you want and i spent four years of my life defending that right, so when someone treats me with respect and i have their trust i may call them great people to deal with and i dont have to answer or explain my actions to anyone, good luck with your BA cooler i hope you like it as good as i do the one i have,:biggrin:

O say, can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen thro’ the mist of the deep,
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream
’Tis the star-spangled banner. Oh! long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war’s desolation,
Blest with vict’ry and peace, may the Heav’n-rescued land
Praise the Pow’r that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto—“In God is our trust.”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I don't OC was there for that one, but God bless him for his service.

I did not bother to read through this but does BA have a website, email address etc?
P.M. me if you want.
Thanks.