Autozone+Jesse James=sell out.

.38 special

all spooled up
Now I have never been the biggest Jesse James fan, but this is rediculous. I haven't liked most of the stuff that he has built, and he isn't the smartest guy in the world. But, I did like him in motorcycle mania and liked some of his bikes; that is-before I saw his ugly face on tv everytime I put it on the Discovery Channel, not to mention when it began to spread. I wasn't even vocal about my disappointment when I would see at least five overwieght middleaged posers on their fake Harleys (you know the ones I'm talking about) per day, wearing their West Coast Choppers, Monster Garage, or O.C.C. shirts. I always just said to myself that he is at least a good fabricator and entrepreneur.

But after seeing this new Autozone commercial, I realize that he is just a sell-out. How could this "master fabricator" endorse an autoparts store, much less Autozone. Have you guys been to Autozone lately. First, if you go in you better have a lunch, because you are going to wait for some time until someone helps you. Second they probably won't have the part, and if they do: it is very low quality junk. Then when it breaks, they won't take it back. There employees are incompetent at best. But hey, if you are looking for some race pedals for your civic, you're damn right they have that, or some NOS fuel additive, or flamed steering wheel cover. Man, I could go on and on and on. But in conclusion, Jesse James is a P.O.S. and I would like to vomit on his head.

sorry so long-just had alot I wanted to get off of my chest.

I agree.
American Chopper is starting toget old also.
Why does every bike have to have a theme.
Why not show some customers bikes that could be getting upgrades and fine tuning.
And quit using those cheap ass revtech motors.
S&S is the only way to go in my opinion.
Bill

Have no fear, American Hot Rod will be the new crack!

Rides was very cool tonight too, I hope that show stays on. They're about CARS too, not overpriced 2 wheelers. I'm sick of the bike hype in general.

Im sorry to have offended you

I worked for Autozone over the summer. I truly dont find myself as being incompetent as I have graduated high school, attending college persuing a music education degree. I also find that the Autozone where I worked was always busy because we were the only one's that actually had the part for a reasonable price. I don't really feel like defending Autozone because I could deal w/o all the ricer crap myself. I personally couldn't bring myself to stock all that crap every week. The only reason you have parts failure is probably the lowest line of part was purchased or I gotten a battery off the rack before and it was totally dead brand new. I guess maybe you had a bad experience with Autozone before, but for $8.00 / hr (for a summer job) I think I can put up with people's crap. And by the way the next time you go into Autozone rasining all kind of fuss, please take your receipt with you. Makes the process go alot faster with returns and cores. And remember the employees are people too; we can only do so much at a time and the national corporation has cut hours nation wide and their is too little workers for the amount of customers.

Thanks Jerry Berger

Honestly, Autozone isnt a performance place. It is your typical OEM/bling bling type store. It has all your factory parts you want, even for my GN, and it has a lot of dress up parts. 95% of the people who walk into Autozone dont have a fast car. A lot of the Autozone patrons are people who need a thermostat, fluids, wiring kits, helpful tools, and the typical parts that just make your car go, but generally not faster. The only reason I go to Autozone is because they have good customer service at my local one and they have a lot of the things I need when I have to get a replacement part for my car. Also, I am eyeing those 14" spinner hubs for my 96 sunfire. :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is, Jesse is a GREAT fabricater who is cashing in on his fame. What's wrong with that? He's not doing anything that everyone else wouldn't do.
Calling him a sell out is no different than calling yourself a sell out if you accept a raise that is offered at your own employer...Give the guy a break.

JESSE JAMES is a sellout?..........What does he owe to the masses. I got news for you. It's all about the money. If you're as financially fortunate as he seems to be, money will find it's way into your pocket without hardly any effort on your part.

Also, it's pretty simple to know if Auto Zone has your part, or even the price.........Be prepared. Just check their website before you go. ;)

I live in their home city...

and I'm through with that place. Let's look at a sampling of my last few AZ visits:

- Purchased three successive Wells brand TR ignition modules and every one of them was bad, right out of the box. The car would not even start. At least the one I was looking to replace would start the engine! :rolleyes: (An Echlin brand unit from NAPA remedied that situation.)

- Stopped in for a simple package of small black zip ties to secure vacuum hoses. Surely simple enough, right? Wrong! They had white, blue, neon green, yellow, red, etc. :rolleyes: NO black! (NAPA didn't have any either. WalMart saved the day there.)

- Went there for TR plug wires while working on a buddies GN. Not one Memphis area store had anything in stock. :(

- Went in for a bottle of Duplicolor brush-on touch up paint. "We don't sell that anymore." (Sad thing is, I saw it all on the shelves just two days prior when I went in for the plug wires they didn't have.)

- Walked in with the rear drums from my wagon to have them cut and to purchase shoes, brake cleaner, fluid, etc. I'm greeted with, "I hope you don't want those drums turned!" "Why is that?", I reply. "We don't do that anymore." :mad: That was the last straw! I turned right around after announcing loudly, "I'll just take all business elsewhere from here on out!" :mad:

I think Jesse James is a clown and I don't understand why he has to break everything. Like the one episode where he buys a mint 72ish El Camino for $6000 or something and then chops it up to make a figue 8 racer. Or when that woman made that beautiful Rat-Fink cutout with a plasma torch and he had to brake it.

The only thing he bulit that I liked was the peterbuilt trike, that was cool.

There is an autopart store near me that I guy I used to work for deals with. It is not one of the chains, just a fairly large "mom-n-pop" type place (those are the best) I called a Buick dealer for a fuel pump relay, didn't have it, would cost $15, got it from them (OEM) for $10. I also called Buick for the Brass pro valve, didn't have it, would cost $100. This place had it on the shelf for $60. Full machine shop too!!

Autozone has thier place, they did have 1/8" copper tubing for a gauge setup, and poly stabilizer bushings too! I might end up getting a PM from them.

I may pay a bit more for the mom-n-pop place but to this point, they have had everything I have needed in 1 place.

Bill

I like Autozone! LOL. I hve bought hard parts like brake pads and alternators with thei lifetime warrantys and had NO problem walking in to get a new set of Performance friction brakes (3d set) for my everyday driver. Better then Pep Boys for sure..

Let's not kid ourselves, he isn't big on cable due to his metal working skills. There aren't enough viewers that can appreciate that alone. He's hardly shown any of that since those 2 original motorcycle specials (which were impressive). He's on there now because he's a TV personality. He's the Bob Costas of the motorcycle world. Sure he has skills, but that isn't why people tune in to him. Would he be as popular if his name was "John" James? Nope. His immaturity is showing through, so I kind of doubt he's still on the rise. Or maybe that's what most viewers like? Bet his biggest audience is getting younger and younger for that reason.

It's only a sell out if it's someone else taking an opportunity; usually one that anyone would take given the same chance. He might as well do it, stars like him don't stay on TV for the long term. Get it while you can, he said already that his business was almost week to week keeping it afloat. Those days will come back. It's not really out of charector. He's been pimping parts on Monster Garage already, pushing the dubs and crap.

But after seeing this new Autozone commercial, I realize that he is just a sell-out. How could this "master fabricator" endorse an autoparts store, much less Autozone. Have you guys been to Autozone lately. First, if you go in you better have a lunch, because you are going to wait for some time until someone helps you. Second they probably won't have the part, and if they do: it is very low quality junk. Then when it breaks, they won't take it back. There employees are incompetent at best. But hey, if you are looking for some race pedals for your civic, you're damn right they have that, or some NOS fuel additive, or flamed steering wheel cover. Man, I could go on and on and on. But in conclusion, Jesse James is a P.O.S. and I would like to vomit on his head.

sorry so long-just had alot I wanted to get off of my chest.

Sounds like you've never liked Jesse and your just jumping on him for cashing in. Something you would probably do in a heartbeat if people were forking over the cash that they are forking over to him. You have to make it while you can because you ain't gonna be famous forever. People are already getting tired of his show and I doubt it will last much longer. I like the show and enjoy watching Jesse trash something if it is in fact a POS. Yeah he trashed a SS but I see people doing the same thing to GN's too. They take a low mileage one and then hack it up to make a race car out of it and then quit halfway and end up selling the parts. Nothing however tops the two idiots on myth busters putting the dead pigs in the corvette for 2 months. Geez that was sick. Jesse has made a living out of doing what he wants and being who he is. We should all be so lucky. Also in defense of Autozone and other parts stores, for price reasons they are not able to hire the best and brightest in the automotive industry so like when your at the fast food drivethrough...... always check the bag. :D :D

Points hit dead on here.

I am for sale, if anybody wants to buy. Looking to get into some "construction themes" with a monster garage attitude, not some retard "monster house" guys, that clearly are not true proffesionals. I figure we can mix it up like American Chopper arguments between trades, mix up some big machinery into the mess also.

Should be good for a month before it is all the same. I guess I am a sell out. Jesse is a talented mechanic not a idoit, anyone who does not respect his situation must be on some kind of medication.

As always, still waiting for my big break. :D

What exactly IS a "sellout", anyway?

If I can stand in front of a camera for a coupla days and make the same money that USED to take many many many hours of hard work to make...then you can GLADLY call me a sellout!

:)

Whats wrong with a little cash.. Just because he is on a commercial and so called "endorsing" autozone.. He is getting paid for it. Not like he buys his stuff from autozone or anything but his popularity and fame in the "industry" invites things like this..

Similarly, do you really think britney spears figure came from pepsi? Doubt it.. It is about the big sweet dollar.. Hell if I could afford to Pay Britney to drink from my bottle :eek: on national TV I would.. ;)

Jesse is a burnout, crack head just cashing in on all the attention. here today, gone tomorrow.at least he has his fab/bike building skills after all the cameras are gone. i too dont like the way he makes fun of other peoples interests, like the delorean guy and the owner of that nice el camino they trashed. to Jesse if its not custom built its gay and not good enough for him. screw him. i too am also sick of seeing all the pot belly middle aged guys in the mall wearing west coast chopper shirts and ford explorers with wcc stickers, like half of them have ever rode a bike before.

I like J J because of the fabricating skills he shows off on the chopper shows. Heck, father and son on AC dont even have half the talent J J does. I could care less about MG.I cant blame him for living out the "American Dream" but I about tossed my cookies when I saw he made People magazines 50 prettiest people list! I know I'm jealious when women think he is good looking. Give us a break J J and go back to your roots. Maybe get Discovery Channel to put you in the next Biker Build Off Challenge. BTW my funniest AZ moment was one day I walked in for 12 spark plugs for the GN,one to go in the car and 1 for spare parts, and the teenager on the counter asked what model of Ferrari used AC spark plugs. I told him it was for my Lamboghini. He had that blank stare look on his face before he went in back. Like someone with a Ferrari buys their parts at AZ.

Eric Fisher

1. - if being a sellout means being a millionaire at 35, SIGN ME UP

2. - Autozone, Pepboys, Kragen, etc. are called DISCOUNT auto parts stores,
wanna pay five times the price for 'quality' parts, go to the dealer.
BTW - see what kind of 'service and knowledge' you get there :rolleyes:

AutoZone? Haven't seen that one. I think I'd rather see him in a Harley Davidson comercial. Come to think of it, I don't ever recall a Harley comercial........... See- now I should be raking in the money! I bet Jesse is laughing in his shoes.

If anyone offered anyone here a million bucks to go on TV and say "I have a small penis" we would all do it. Sellout? Who gives a sh!t? He's cryin' all the way to the bank, I'm sure.

"here today, gone tomorrow" Huh? Dude, he's been building bikes for a long time, not just since he went on TV. And yes, he was originally on TV because of his talent, not anything else. I'd kill to have his skills. And I bet he enjoys going to work, unlike most people.

Anyway, most people bash other people when they are jealous of them. Thats basic psycology. I respect the man for being who he is. He built his business, and his reputation. Sure, he has some skeletons in his closet, who doesn't? To call him a sellout or crack head is just retarded. And I'd make fun of a delorean guy too.;) I mean, Hello? Its a Delorean! I laugh too when I see all this west coast chopper stuff everywhere, all the t shirts and stickers on honda civics and trailer trash that couldn't buy a wheel from him, let alone a bike. Its just "in" right now. Any self employed person knows not to turn away business. Whats he supposed to do? Not sell shirts to people? Thats exactly not how to make money.

Side note, I was watching him the other night and he said something about one front wheel costing $25,000!!!! Anyone else catch that? WOW!