ATS Flashing "HOT"

JB86T

I've noticed several times in stop ang go traffic that as soon as my ATS starts flashing "HOT" on the scanmaster the idle will stumble and then quickly recover. Any ideas as to how the ATS could be causing this or if it's just coincidence and another problem. Living here in south Texas is pretty easy to put the ATS over range in traffic. BTW the car has a TT chip with alky.

I've noticed several times in stop ang go traffic that as soon as my ATS starts flashing "HOT" on the scanmaster the idle will stumble and then quickly recover. Any ideas as to how the ATS could be causing this or if it's just coincidence and another problem. Living here in south Texas is pretty easy to put the ATS over range in traffic. BTW the car has a TT chip with alky.
yeah if its really hot under the hood!!!!!! j/k mine did it a couple years ago when my radiator was going bad and underhood temps got nasty....coolant temp was in the 230's, and it was hot and humid....just curious what are ur coolant temps?

Check your BL numbers

Whitecobra98:

With yesterdays ambient temp of 100 F...my coolant temp was between 198-200 F with the A/C on. I have a fairly new factory replacement radiator with a 160 stat.

Razor:

When the idle stumbled I was able to go thru the scanmaster and BL was at 129 with everything within expected range.Typically my BL runs bewteen 127-134. And for what it's worth the stumble is similar to the one you get when the test button is hit on the alky controller.

Contact Eric at Turbotweak.com and see if his chips make any changes to fueling based on the ATS input. If it does, one simple solution is to move that sensor out of the engine compartment.. like behind a headlight.

My understanding is that input.. ATS.. should not make any changes to the way the motor runs, but Eric would be the best to answer that.

The condition your experiencing I have seen when the BL number bottoms out at 105 or 150 that cuases the engine to stumble as the ecm is trying to make an adjustment past its range.