At what boost levels do these billet 6262 and 6265 turbo's shine

Phil Engle "Quik Six" made 560rwhp and 724rwtq on a Mustang Dyno.
This is with conservative timing ~18* and 28 psi.

Need more info before anyone can answer. With stock heads and cam probably at 32-35psi on a 231ci for both of them. With an engine that can flow 700-800hp worth of air probably around 25-30psi.

62-62 billet turns into a totally different turbo when turned from 18 psi to 25 psi. Sure thats 6 psi, but the power increase is amazing. The power increases are not as linear as the old style turbos. Im finding the same with my 60-57 from 16 psi to 21 psi. They turn into monsters. Different cars, stock headed motors on both. Just my opinion.

Phil Engle "Quik Six" made 560rwhp and 724rwtq on a Mustang Dyno.
This is with conservative timing ~18* and 28 psi.

Those are some nice Dyno numbers :D but I'm not seeing alot of people posting their track times with these new Billet turbo's . Wondering if it's just hype to sell new turbo's or are people actual seeing a time slip improvment over the older style turbo's? Or at least less boost with more HP.

Those are some nice Dyno numbers :D but I'm not seeing alot of people posting their track times with these new Billet turbo's . Wondering if it's just hype to sell new turbo's or are people actual seeing a time slip improvment over the older style turbo's? Or at least less boost with more HP.

Actually, all of the above.

Across the board, we are hearing:

- Back to back Dyno improvements.
- Quicker track times & faster mph.
- More power at less boost levels.

Maybe Mike Licht and Cal Hartline can share some of their customers results as well.

It's not hype guys, these new wheel designs are no joke.
Look at the records that have recently been broken in the past two months.
Depending on the application (Import, Domestic, all out race, diesel) we are seeing anywhere from 40-100 hp improvements from customers going from cast wheels, to our new Billet wheels. 100 hp would typically be for the 67mm and up size turbos.
Post up some real world results guys. Inquiring minds want to know.
HTH

Patrick

I haven't made any runs at the track with the SD chip setup from TT. I did have it tuned well with TT alky chip but my positrac was toast so I did a couple of pulls from a 25 MPH roll with my DirectScan hooked up. Tracking the time from 40 MPH to 100 MPH was 4.99 on the first run and 5.00 on the second run.

Boost control has been a serious problem with the factory style wastegate but we're going to make one more pass at that before I give up and go to an external wastegate.

These turbos are serious and I question if my present convertor will be able to get the job done. PTC NL is probably in my future.

I did question Patrick at PTE about the 6265 since I was over the crank HP limit of 680 HP they showed in their table and I haven't even tuned the car. He said the rating for this turbo at this level is conservative for the turbo Buick applications so I am going to stick with it as is for now.

I went from a TE67 3"in, 2'"out journal bearing to PT6265 4"in, 2.5" out journal bearing and the increase in power and improved spooling are significant.

I'll let you guys know how this turns out as soon as I have some track times and PL recordings.

Actually, all of the above.

Across the board, we are hearing:

- Back to back Dyno improvements.
- Quicker track times & faster mph.
- More power at less boost levels.

Maybe Mike Licht and Cal Hartline can share some of their customers results as well.

It's not hype guys, these new wheel designs are no joke.
Look at the records that have recently been broken in the past two months.
Depending on the application (Import, Domestic, all out race, diesel) we are seeing anywhere from 40-100 hp improvements from customers going from cast wheels, to our new Billet wheels. 100 hp would typically be for the 67mm and up size turbos.
Post up some real world results guys. Inquiring minds want to know.
HTH

Patrick

Thanks for the info Patrick, I read they're working great for the imports but they use alot more rpm's then we rev. to.What works great on one car always doesn't work great on another. I'm sure their is an improvement on alot of other cars I just would like to hear from other members as they compare it to their old cast wheels. When did a search on this I just come up with members having overboosting problems but no real 1/4 mile advantages. I'm in the market for a New turbo and doing my research thanks.

I can say from a seat of the pants point of view my 6262 DBB is fun at 18psi but turns into a raging monster at 24psi. Still haven't made it back to the track after wasting my headgasket, but hope to next season.

I can say from a seat of the pants point of view my 6262 DBB is fun at 18psi but turns into a raging monster at 24psi. Still haven't made it back to the track after wasting my headgasket, but hope to next season.

Thats exactly what my experience is with the 6262 journal. Same with my 60-57

patric how would they compare to a te45a just wondering building new motor in spring going with ported irons roller cam 30 over on block 60lb inj and going to add meth running pats 3400 stall conv lock up wich one would be better suited to give the pull of 45a or do you recomend somthing else thdp 3" exaust single shot with race bullit you oppinion is valued pm me if you want to take it off line you recomended a cam for a buddy of mine a few years ago and it was nuts i was running a te60 at the time my car was running the best at 11.5 1/4 mile he was running a te49 and blew past me at a few lbs of boost less cam was a good call by you.
Thanks tom:cool:

Whats the big difference in the 6262 and the 6265. And is the journal bearing spool that noticeable compared to a DBB? Im still running a stock converter so Im gonna buy a 6262 and wait until I can afford the converter then install them together.

Need more info before anyone can answer. With stock heads and cam probably at 32-35psi on a 231ci for both of them. With an engine that can flow 700-800hp worth of air probably around 25-30psi.

^^^

Whats the big difference in the 6262 and the 6265. And is the journal bearing spool that noticeable compared to a DBB? Im still running a stock converter so Im gonna buy a 6262 and wait until I can afford the converter then install them together.
Both need a good converter if you ate going to push them. The 65 will have less backpressure over 600hp below that there no advantage