Assitance with oil feed line please (Im stuck)

My oil feed line broke just off the connector on the bottom of the engine. I removed all but the part that goes into what looks like a brass block on the engine block. No matter what i do i cant unscrew what is left of the line. I have tried wrenches, vice grips, etc. Is there a trick to this? I removed the lower oil filter housing for better access.

Thanks!

If that is the only connection on the brass block, remove the block and get it on a workbench where you can ee what you are doing.

Bryan

Here is a pic, cant see how i can unscrew it. Too close to block and cant get anything in there. Thanks again.

1005366_706189336065338_1013560961_n.jpg

You will need to remove the oil sending unit first before trying to unscrew the block.
Try tapping a 12 pt socket onto the broken fitting, if it wont unscrew try to tighten it first then unscrew it.

Bryan

unplug the oil pressure sending unit..
remove the oil pressure sending unit- lefty loosy.
remove the brass block- lefty loosy..
clamp block in bench viss with the broken line sticking up.
clamp vise grip on broken fitting.
unscrew broken fitting- lefty loosy.
remove brass block from bench vise.
clean up brass block with carb or brake cleaner- why not, right?
apply teflon pipe sealant to threads on brass block.
screw brass block back into engine- righty tighty.
apply teflon pipe sealant to oil pressure sending unit.
plug oil pressure sending unit back in.
screw oil pressure sending unit back into brass block- righty tighty.
install turbo oil feed line dry.
tighten nut- righty tighty.

Thank you all for the advice but i got lucky this time. I removed the upper fan shroud, fan, and radiator hose and it was right there in front of me. I took some hefty clamping pliers and gave it all i got and it broke loose. So i didn't have to take block out of the engine. The only issue is i broke a bolt off on the lower part of the oil filter housing. So have to figure that out. Making progress. Again, thanks so much!

I realize you are not soliciting opinions, but I am surprised no one mentioned or asked about the oil pump cavity scoring. If it was me . . . I would replace the front cover. Looks pretty bad from here. Any idea what is the hot oil pressure is at idle?

oil pump.JPG

Thanks for the advice, i thought that was factory tooling that caused that. I am not going to replace it until i rebuild the motor. Too much work tearing down. Lots to do on these old cars!