Assembly of governor

jcor12

I bought a governor and I took it apart because I needed a spring. I am trying to put this one back together but it seems a bit tricky. Can someone provide me some help on the proper sequence of putting this back together…thanks
IMG_2680.jpeg
IMG_2680.jpeg

get the plastic piece oriented, and get the weights on and the pin in, then I use a bit if trans goo to hold the balls to the shaft. Then you can get the springs into position. Might consider a nylon screw to hold that spring without the "Tit" in there if it is a high rpm unit. If you do the nylon screw, a tap to the weight before you begin would be in order.

Remember the ball is not under the spring
This is a GN governor wit one spring not chevy impala with two

Attachments

• 80E2B41D-FBB1-40E8-97CA-BD9DABB95B9F.jpeg
    80E2B41D-FBB1-40E8-97CA-BD9DABB95B9F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
get the plastic piece oriented, and get the weights on and the pin in, then I use a bit if trans goo to hold the balls to the shaft. Then you can get the springs into position. Might consider a nylon screw to hold that spring without the "Tit" in there if it is a high rpm unit. If you do the nylon screw, a tap to the weight before you begin would be in order.
Thanks... that worked out for me, put it back together yesterday using some synthetic grease and using eyeglass repair screwdrivers to slide the springs over and guide into place.