speaker covered.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 172
Grill cover off!

Grill off! they sound as killer as they look :cool:

Attachments

• speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 129
What'sa good 4chnl amp that has filters to keep the bass from getting to the speakers,need moderate/high power ,good price to power the 5.25 infinty seperates in the kick pods and some 4" in the rear 4x10 area or should I use 5" speakers there ..
Dennis

Cool pods you have there

Most of your name brand equipment manufacturers will have built in cross-overs or offer external to run with them. If you use any kind of cross-over, you wont need to put in line capaciters for your mids and highs. If you run an amplifier full range, then you will need to use in line capaciters.

5 1/4s will work fine in the kick panel pods or 6 1/2s if you want a little more mid range. Glad you like the pods :cool: .

Do you know of any Small amps that have lots of power ad can be mounted in the cavity behing the glove box or the passenger seat,I assume the computr will go behind the glove box and a small amp under the pass seat.unless you kow some wireing tricks that I can power the trunk subs with a 4chnl and the Pods and small rear decks all at one ,the amp is an Audiobahn 4chnl with cooling fan ..I gues I have to read the manual
Thanks for all the help.....
Dennis

i don't think there are any amps out there small enough to fit in the dash....at least not any good ones. I know Thump has one that would fit... :rolleyes:

I have seen the small amps that will fit behind glove box HEHE, The are called Roadmaster and are in blister packs at Parts America. I installed one for a guy in his car and the install labor cost more than his amp did LOL.

Originally posted by Audiowizard
I have seen the small amps that will fit behind glove box HEHE, The are called Roadmaster and are in blister packs at Parts America. I installed one for a guy in his car and the install labor cost more than his amp did LOL.
Hey Audiowizard at my shop we call those lightning amps as in they'll make their rated power when lightning strikes ;) To AsphaltAnihil8r I'm quite partial to Memphis and Earthquake but since I'm a dealer for both I guess I'm biased. If you need a small amp with good power Check out the Memphis ST-100, clean 50 watts per channel and the dimensions are roughly 6x8x2 built in variable crossover plus they're chrome and you can't go wrong with chrome! :) As soon as I finish the cold air conversion on my 85 and finish gel coating the amprack I have all intentions of running two St-100's on my Diamond components and an St-500d on my 3 Concept EX-10's. Oh by the Way Audiowizard I ran into the same situation a couple of days ago I had a guy come in with a BOSS 500Wx4 amp and he insisted on 1/0 wire so he could get all the power from his bright purple surfboard amp LOL! he'll probably be back in a couple of days maybe I'll sell him a MMATS D-300 then when he smokes the subs I'll hook him up with BALLS 15's I love this business.

Clint
Sunset Car Stereo & Performance

Clint ,what Ohm is that amp stable too,I assume it is a 2chnl amp ,if so what I would like to doo is run the frontright and rearright off the right channel,, and the frontleft and rearleft off the LEFT chnl,i think it would be in series to lower the ohms to get the most power..Whats your thoughts guys

Dennis

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Clint ,what Ohm is that amp stable too,I assume it is a 2chnl amp ,if so what I would like to doo is run the frontright and rearright off the right channel,, and the frontleft and rearleft off the LEFT chnl,i think it would be in series to lower the ohms to get the most power..Whats your thoughts guys

Dennis
It's stable down to a 2 ohm stereo load with no problems in fact the one we have on demo I've loaded down to a 1/2 ohm just to show that it can take it so just go ahead and run it parallel and don't worry too much about the ohm load you shouldn't have any heat or clipping problems unless you're planning to do something really bizarre to it :D

Hey Clint,
Since you carry Earthquake, we may be able to do some business. I will e-mail you for details. BTW, welcome to the board :cool: .

Thanx Audiowizard Iwas really glad that there's an audio forum here 12volt products are really overlooked when most people start talking about performance oriented vehicles. By the way I liked the door pods you do really nice work It's nice to see someone who commits themself to Car audio they way I do I've been doing car audio for the past 12 years and if I hadn't I'd probably be in jail right now it's a great hobby that blossomed into a business I love.

Catch ya l8r