Are Walbro pumps now trouble free?

:rolleyes:

Responsibility for the pump’s warranty lies with the manufacturer. Walbro in cooperation with their WD dictates the terms for pursuing a claim. If you Google around you will find our policy is inline with many other Walbro vendors. Whether these terms are to your liking is another issue.

Ford Mustang Fuel Pump from Fuel-Pumps.net

Auto Performance Engineering - Walbro fuel pumps and more

http://www.034motorsport.com/docs/WalbroWarrantyElimination.pdf

There is nothing ‘strange’ about the transaction and it has nothing to do with Mike @ FTR. Your pump issue could have just as easily been a byproduct of a transaction with FTR. Did you read Mike's post above?
SAME PUMPS / SAME MANUFACTURER!

If you are adamant that your pump’s failure had nothing to do with your installation / handling then you should have no reservations about perusing a claim. If Walbro finds fault with your pump, the testing fee is refunded and the return shipping is free. You are responsible for sending the pump in for testing.

There was nothing stopping you from doing a simple internet search or contacting any number of Walbro vendors for TI’s information.

I actually just did some internet research on Racetronix. I wish that I had done so before wasting my time and money. It only took about 5 minutes to find numerous complaints of bad business practices, broken or non-functional parts delivered, arrogant behavior, and other unethical activities. It appears that Racetronix has been doing this from 2003-2011. There is a pattern on many other forums as well, with Racetronix attacking customers who did not get what they paid for in a childish attempt to silence them. It’s Pathetic.
If you were interested in getting your pump replaced you would have followed the required procedures. No sane person would send Racetronix another $80.00 in addition to the original purchase price just to have the privilege of getting his or her pump tested. That procedure would be a quick way for a customer of losing even more money. Obviously, you know that and it is an easy out for you to make ludicrous statements such as that I must not really have wanted a working pump. That argument lacks any logic. As the old adage says “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.
Instead, you chose to attack Racetronix If by the word “attack” you mean explain the severe deficiencies of Racetronix products and customer service, then I suppose you are correct. Even a broken clock can be correct twice a day.on this forum because you thought we would make an easy target Racetronix IS an easy target, but only because of your ignorant, belligerent and outstandingly arrogant replies. Racetronix apparently believes it is they who are always right, not the customer.
and hoped these posts would net you a replacement pump with no questions asked. You are either being purposefully deceitful or you just do not know how to tell the truth when you accuse me of trying to get a free pump with no questions asked in this thread. Please point it out in any of my posts. The fact is I would not accept anything from Racetronix at this point. Why would I want yet another broken pump lying around? [/QUOTE

After my quick research, I do feel better knowing that I was not the only customer that was taken advantage of by Racetronix. Apparently, owners of other turbo Regals, Typhoons, Syclones, Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, Ford trucks, and Impalas have met the same fate throughout the years.

Hey cetme1! Why don't you stop spreading your hate on this forum? You are acting like a wounded child and making yourself look like more of a fool every time you post a reply. Mature people reading this thread can see that you have an emotional hard-on for Racetronix because they did not give you what you expected but instead gave you what every other Walbro vendor would have. Your post implies that Racetronix intentionally sent you a defective pump (assuming it is defective) and given the opportunity to service you within Walbro’s policy guidelines would send you another defective pump? Are you on crack? I read Racetronix posts and I see rational explanations for the way things are done. Mr. Monroe, Shane and FTR were nice enough to get involved in this thread and both of them pretty much say what Racetronix has. Racetronix is trying to get you to understand but because of your emotional state, you keep coming back with the same hyped-up dribble. People reading this thread want to know about Walbro pump reliability. Your very first post was nothing more than an attempt to jump on Racetronix and offered nothing of value to TB members. If I were in RX shoes with all those nasty adverbs and adjectives, I would go legal on your ass. Mr. Monroe acknowledges RX as a Walbro vendor so where do you get off saying s$it like china pumps?

Kudos to RX for standing up to pushy and unreasonable customers like you. At least I don’t have to worry about funding your BS claims the next time I buy go-fast goodies from them.

If I wanted to read dribble like yours I would pick up a tabloid newspaper.

Where is a mod with balls when you need one?

RX fuel system here 5 years strong :)

I definitely don't want my comments to seem like Racetronix or FTS are at the core of this, hell, Walbro is the name on the part so many of our members blew engine parts up with or outright lost $ and time with.

Mike probably saved Walbro a ton of $ by bringing this issue to their attention when he did and he was also concerned about his GN customers. Which is why we'd like to see our TB vendors go to bat more innings for us than for issued parts companies, companies which are actually coming on here now and admitting, "Mishandelings".

Walbro, I guess it starts with acknowledgment of past ills and your post is a good start. Hopefully you guys over there can learn from that ordeal and improve for future customers. But I'd like to think you'd start by finding a way to, make good, with customers who'd like to support your future products but are out $120 on outright dead pumps, pumps that pushed only 58psi, were not produced within the set dates deemed flawed by Walbro or returned by another Walbro set date. :eek:

You've got a rough road ahead of you Matt Monroe, but Walbro might've already done something right, that's let you help them repair this mess by actually giving a **** while talking and listening to customers. You're going to deserve a raise by years end I'm sure and make sure to use good earplugs everyday on the phone.:wink:

Hey Matt, welcome to the fire, thanks for posting! I have spoke to a few of the new folks at Walbro High Performance and I can say that from my view things are changing. I have always believed in the product and our failure rate as a percentage of sales is extremely low, always has been. I had the chance to sell a higher flowing made in China pump a while back, my cost, $28 to my door. I even sent one to Richard Clark he flow tested it and said he wanted them right away. I made a decision not to sell them and give up lots of profit dollars because I just did not trust them after some long term use and the wide tolerance between units. They claimed they were E85 compatable but if you cut one apart there was exposed copper and obviously not. I suppose we will soon see if I made a good decision now that they are on the market with other vendors. I am going to stick with what I know works. The new pumps are going to be great and with a new managment team I expect great results.
Mike

Hey cetme1! Why don't you stop spreading your hate on this forum? You are acting like a wounded child and making yourself look like more of a fool every time you post a reply. Mature people reading this thread can see that you have an emotional hard-on for Racetronix because they did not give you what you expected but instead gave you what every other Walbro vendor would have. Your post implies that Racetronix intentionally sent you a defective pump (assuming it is defective) and given the opportunity to service you within Walbro’s policy guidelines would send you another defective pump? Are you on crack? I read Racetronix posts and I see rational explanations for the way things are done. Mr. Monroe, Shane and FTR were nice enough to get involved in this thread and both of them pretty much say what Racetronix has. Racetronix is trying to get you to understand but because of your emotional state, you keep coming back with the same hyped-up dribble. People reading this thread want to know about Walbro pump reliability. Your very first post was nothing more than an attempt to jump on Racetronix and offered nothing of value to TB members. If I were in RX shoes with all those nasty adverbs and adjectives, I would go legal on your ass. Mr. Monroe acknowledges RX as a Walbro vendor so where do you get off saying s$it like china pumps?

Kudos to RX for standing up to pushy and unreasonable customers like you. At least I don’t have to worry about funding your BS claims the next time I buy go-fast goodies from them.

If I wanted to read dribble like yours I would pick up a tabloid newspaper.

Where is a mod with balls when you need one?

RX fuel system here 5 years strong :)

Even for the internet, it is rare for one to read such an emotional, effeminate, clueless and immature display of a childish temper tantrum. You had nothing worthwhile to add to this thread:rolleyes:

It is telling that all three (in six years no less!) of your posts are basically advertisements exalting the virtues and products of racetronix, complete with links to said products. Coincidence? Hmmmmmm……

Wow I was thinking the same of yours, 44 post in 4 years, most of them slamming Racetronix... you're a real asset to the board here.

I've always ran Red's XP pumps in my cars, whatever they are or whomever made by, I've never had a failure.

I did buy a Walbro from Mike last year for a car. I was called after the pump had been installed and told I needed to check the part # on the pump cause a couple bad ones had been sent out and they didn't know who got them. Mine was fine and still running great. In my case, I installed the pump myself, I have a lift @ home and it wasn't a big deal. Now if I'd paid someone else to install it and had to pay someone to take it back out to check the #, I'd been upset, but all was good to me and I have no problem with FTS and plan on ordering a bunch from them next week.

The new pumps are going to be great and with a new managment team I expect great results.
Mike

I am going to need a pump next week also, so should I worry about an issue, tell my customer something better is coming and he should wait or what?

Mine took a dump with less then 200 miles on it. Just installed it less then six months age. Gas tank is half full & dreading pulling it out with all that gas in there.
Going to try another Walbro though, I will give them ano more chance.

Mine took a dump with less then 200 miles on it. Just installed it less then six months age. Gas tank is half full & dreading pulling it out with all that gas in there.
Going to try another Walbro though, I will give them ano more chance.

PM sent whiner

**169 pump

I bought one of those ****169 pumps from mike at FT as a spare.I remember at the time Mike said he'd replace them.

I dropped the ball, and never got around to sending it back. So it's new in the box and don't want to install it.

Can i get this thing flow tested or find out for sure if it's gonna fail. Or should i just toss it and call it a loss.:frown:

I bought one of those ****169 pumps from mike at FT as a spare.I remember at the time Mike said he'd replace them.

I dropped the ball, and never got around to sending it back. So it's new in the box and don't want to install it.

Can i get this thing flow tested or find out for sure if it's gonna fail. Or should i just toss it and call it a loss.:frown:

You can't test the pump for this issue, it was either built with the bad component or not, so the build date code stamped on the shell is how you can tell. When I get in the office Monday I will post the definitive date code timeframe.
Send me an email at: aftermarket@tiauto.com and we will get you taken care of.
-Matt Monroe

Hey Matt from walbro, I got a question. My import buddies swear pushing in the pressure relief on the walbro pumps increase flow. No one talks about that here on the Buick board. Is this a bad practice?
I've had nothing but good luck with walbros. Ran 9's with 2 of them. One of those pumps eventually made it into my 2001 Tahoe in an emergency weekend fix. Well that was 3 years and 55,000 miles ago and still running strong. The other pump ended up in my new Buick where it was once again joined with a second pump. Now both of those are doing a great job supplying e85 for some impressive numbers.

Much has been made of Walbro's customer service or lack thereof, but those following this thread have seen Matts post concerning that. I pm'ed Matt about my pump. This a 3 or 4 year old pump that is I got from Full Throttle but I can't find the receipt for. Anyway, he sent me the following email: "John,
No problem, it is definitely best to drop the tank and check instead of risking a pump failure down the road. I will send you the date codes and how to read them, and if your pump is in the bad timeframe you can send it in and I will send you a new one." Say what you will about Walbro, but I think it's awesome that the new management team is stepping up and doing the right thing. I'd like to thank Matt personally for his professional demeanor as well.

The manufacturing date code on the pump shell is the 5 digit # below the p/n F20000169. The date code range problem area for this particular pump is between 17507-1 and 30508-1 (The 175th day of 2007 and the 305th day of 2008; the number after the dash is the shift).

Hey Matt from walbro, I got a question. My import buddies swear pushing in the pressure relief on the walbro pumps increase flow. No one talks about that here on the Buick board. Is this a bad practice?
I've had nothing but good luck with walbros. Ran 9's with 2 of them. One of those pumps eventually made it into my 2001 Tahoe in an emergency weekend fix. Well that was 3 years and 55,000 miles ago and still running strong. The other pump ended up in my new Buick where it was once again joined with a second pump. Now both of those are doing a great job supplying e85 for some impressive numbers.

The over pressure relief's are indeed being modified by folks, but it will only affect flow if you are running over approx 60psi fuel pressure. I don't think you hear about it on TB because you guys don't run that high, so it makes no difference for you. This is a safety feature, in the event of a crash and a pinched line, the fuel flow will bleed off via the OPR inside the tank, instead of blowing off a line and flowing fuel all over externally.

The over pressure relief's are indeed being modified by folks, but it will only affect flow if you are running over approx 60psi fuel pressure. I don't think you hear about it on TB because you guys don't run that high, so it makes no difference for you. This is a safety feature, in the event of a crash and a pinched line, the fuel flow will bleed off via the OPR inside the tank, instead of blowing off a line and flowing fuel all over externally.

A lot of us run north of 60. We usually use base pressures of 42-45. Most of us run over 20 psi of boost. So looks like this mod would help. Could you post a pic of what is needed to do for this mod?
Thanks

Kudos to Walbro

I just want to say that I think Matt and the folks at Walbro just earned their stripes in the integrity department.

I'm new to these cars and don't know anything except to search, search, research, and research the search. After coming across this thread, I know what pump I'm getting.

Matt basically laid his balls on a chopping block, held up a rusty hatchet, and said "anybody need to take out some frustration on their Walbro fuel pump?"

I'm sure many of you may have blown up engines that you had more time & money than I've ever dreamed of due to a bad pump, but for a manufacturer to come in to a board and open themselves up to a firestorm like this - it doesn't happen every day (think about Toyota and accelerators).

My business is steel pipe - American made and foreign made. My company is a distributor for every domestic pipe steel mill that produces pipe for the oilfield, so I understand distribution. When there's a problem with something, manufacturers investigate. If the problem is a manufacturing defect, material defect, or a flawed process, the manufacturers make it right. Distributors walk a fine line between supporting their customers and the manufacturers.

Walbro is the manufacturer of the pump - so if you have a problem, look to your distributor for help in dealing with the manufacturer, but not to necessarily send you a new, free pump. The distributor (FTR, RX, or whoever) didn't make it - they just sold it to you. If the distributor is worth their salt, they'll help you get the problem resolved. I think the last thing either a manufacturer or a distributor wants is to have their name smeared on the internet.

I'm just glad that this forum is filled with people who investigate and take into consideration that some of the folks making complaints are just not reasonable.

Walbro - commendable job in opening yourself to a bunch of abuse. I'll be putting money up for a walbro pump for my GN soon.

I apologize for hi-jacking anyone's thread.