Are Baseball Cards still worth anything?

Pablo

I'm back in the house I grew up (on vacation) and am eyeballing a few boxes of baseball cards I collected as a kid in the 80's. Back then they were all the rage, is it worth my time to try and figure out what's worth what and try to sell them?

Otherwise I just want to throw them out. I have zero interest in Baseball these days or collecting this kind of stuff.

Maybe if you have some famous rookie player cards. the rest are prolly useless.

A lot depends on the maker & the series.. Throw the whole lot on Fleabay & see where they go.

Check what you have with the Beckett Guide that you can buy at your local bookstore. You might be surprised!

Then give them all to him or her.

not a bad idea, but I don't know of any such kids, much less a kid I know would appreciate them

BTW i think the vast majority are Topps cards from 85-90

I have some cards from the 60s too that my uncle gave me but no big names if I recall

Depends on their condition and what cars they are. Maybe it's because I grew up, but I dunno ... doesn't seem like people collect these much anymore. I remember growing up everyone was all over collectibles like cards and comic books. I remember my bro reading his comic books with tweezers and beating me up if I came near them -__-;;

Depends on their condition and what cars they are. Maybe it's because I grew up, but I dunno ... doesn't seem like people collect these much anymore. I remember growing up everyone was all over collectibles like cards and comic books. I remember my bro reading his comic books with tweezers and beating me up if I came near them -__-;;

LOL, I remember the same sort of stuff. Now the whole thing seems dead.

I have a Shaq Rookie card with his first year Pro Stats on the back and a picture of him dunking on the front in an LSU jersey:eek:

LOL, I remember the same sort of stuff. Now the whole thing seems dead.

Actually, card collecting has never been more popular than now. There are large sportscard conventions that are held across the country. Some people even consider them investments. Its amazing how much some cards are selling for on ebay. Many are selling for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Also, cards have changed a lot in the past 10 years. There are cards that you can get now that have a small piece of an authentic player worn game used jersey that is cutout and placed inside the card. On the back is a certificate of authenticity.

Actually, card collecting has never been more popular than now. There are large sportscard conventions that are held across the country. Some people even consider them investments. Its amazing how much some cards are selling for on ebay. Many are selling for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Also, cards have changed a lot in the past 10 years. There are cards that you can get now that have a small piece of an authentic player worn game used jersey that is cutout and placed inside the card. On the back is a certificate of authenticity.

Hehe, funny that you mention the "certificate of authenticity" thing.

I can't help but laugh about that. If you are making a bogus card, what's stopping you from making a bogus "certificate of authenticity" ? :p I have a special Nolan Ryan card with a "certificate of authenticity", cracks me up.

But, good to know about the rest.

Hehe, funny that you mention the "certificate of authenticity" thing.

I can't help but laugh about that. If you are making a bogus card, what's stopping you from making a bogus "certificate of authenticity" ? :p I have a special Nolan Ryan card with a "certificate of authenticity", cracks me up.

But, good to know about the rest.

Does your Nolan Ryan card look like this card? If so I will buy it from you. :D

Attachments

• Nolan Ryan 1.jpg
    Nolan Ryan 1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 103
  • Nolan Ryan 2.jpg
    Nolan Ryan 2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 74
heh, no, I just looked at it. Its a hologram card. Along with that I have another one, an '89 that I guess is signed by him. I don't remember how I got that. I imagine with all the forgeries out there the signature doesn't mean that much.

BTW do they still sell them in that wax paper wrapper with the chewing gum stick that is hard as diamond?