Anyone Watch PAWN STARS on History Channel?

they have some neat "stuff" go threw their place. Oh the Cobra was a "continuation" car that Shelby reproduces now. I thought the show was great till they showed the Cobra done. It wasn't the same car.. The shop was @ Shelby's in Vegas NOT "Joe Blows" custom shop. Oh the finished car they showed was a figerglass car NOT an alum one. Oh 1 other thing.. they said it was worth $150k+ !! NOT !! a new one on Ebay right now for $109k and it's not selling. I almost bought one close to me for $90k and it was an aluminum car .. Car was beautiful !! I just couldn't see driving an alum car.. talk about denting easy :eek:
Still a cool show BUT don't believe everything they say :p hey it's TV :biggrin:

I've watched it a few times. It's like the Antiques Roadshow with obnoxious hustlers, lol....

I do get a kick out of people though:

Expert - "This is worth $1,000"
Pawn Stars main guy - "What are you looking to get out of this?"
Surprised person with item - "I'd like $1,000 ! "
Pawn Stars main guy - "...................*sigh*......"

Last January, I went with my dad to their store.
One thing that I often tell people is, the size of the store on tv is deceiving. The showroom is actually fairly small (I've never been in the attached warehouse).
The other thing to note is that it's pretty much in the hood. There are bars across the doors/windows, and although it's 24 hours, you can only do overnight transactions through the window, and cannot enter the store.

It was cool to see a Superbowl ring (Patriots). I would have to doubt that I'll ever get a chance to see a real one again.

I agree. Show is awesome. I too Loved the AC Cobra shell they just had on. Very kool.

I love that show, I caught the marathon a few weekends ago and have been hooked since! I like the old man!

GO Chumlee!

l_a79419cf488f41ce846a33aea3cf8207.jpg

I like teh show as well. But have to say the guys have the typical Pawnshop owner operator look for sure. The young guys are Grossly overweight. Freaking walking heart attack

10 yrs in the business

i can honestly say they don't show alot of what you really have to go through and all the literature you have to have on hand when something comes in. As for all the experts they have, that's rare. there are alot of things that go on behind the scenes you don't see, just the stuff that the history channel thinks will make it interesting. I've been through a few break in's, pulled my gun on 2 guys and had a guy shooting heroin in the parking lot with 2 other guys. So sure the show is ok, but just like jimmy houston fishing show there are alot of down time that you don't see. i like the show though but just like any owner of a pawnshop it's about the dollar. wonder how long this show will be on, i give it a few years. The guys are likeable and they get some items you wouldn't see in a normal store. then again look at where they are. from what i've heard there are pawnshops in nevada that will loan on your car if you own it. me and my wife ( she has 17 yrs in the business ) watch it from time to time and laugh at some of the things customers bring in. i always love the people who come in and say i bought this ring for X amount of dollars and it's worth X amount of dollars but then i pull a ring out like theirs or better and show them i'd sell them it cheaper then their asking. The line that always gets me is the people who come in and say I'll be back to get it. My response is if that was the case then i wouldn't have anything to sell because everyone picked up their item. Just my 02 cents on the show, good show though just like any job they don't show the down time or issues involving stolen items or other issues you have to deal with.

great show and like they say you never know what will walk thru the front doors and the stories they could tell, gotta love it.

Ron

Did you guys see the old mans Chrysler Imperial tonight? It was "gangsta" LOL

Did you guys see the old mans Chrysler Imperial tonight? It was "gangsta" LOL
I was LMAO when the old man said at the end of the show..... "Im still mad that little bastard lied to me".

I was truly laughing out loud by myself cause the look on the old mans face in the original episode when he found out how much it was gonna cost to restore it was priceless!

Yeah, my wife and I were rolling on the floor at that comment too. The old man is funny as hell

I've watched it a few times. It's like the Antiques Roadshow with obnoxious hustlers, lol....

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's entertaining, but at the same time you can't believe half of the added drama.

The restored coke machine was not even close to being the same one they started with.