Anyone used an exhaust kit from Jegs/Summit?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Still trying to find an OEM exhaust or OEM style exhaust for this darn car.
Jegs and Summit carry various exhaust intermediate pipes and full kits that "claim" to fit our cars, but they are all 2.5" or 3.0" OD instead of the needed 2.75".
Wondering if anyone has purchased a kit and what the intermediate pipe ends outside diameters are at the muffler slip fit and the widest part of the ball flange end.

Part#s I have found claiming to fit are
Walker 46669
Dynomax entire kit #17391
Walker 47569
Dynomax 47638
I'm sure there are others I haven't listed..

You might try Mufflex. They could prolly custom make one for ya.

Hopefully other member will chime in with great info. Good luck!

When I had mine done, I just had the pipes custom bent, to the pipe size & muffler I wanted to use, while still looking stock. The tips I bought from Stainless steel Works, look to resemble the factory TTA tips the best & come in different sizes too.

No shops that I know of around here are capable without hacking it up, and none that I know of can mandrel bend them.

I finally made contact with Walker and got the drawing specs for the pipe ends for part# 46669 and they are an exact match. Even though the OD for that part says 2.5"...I ordered one from Summit.
Got the pipe yesterday and the center section OD is 2.75" so this part is a perfect match to the original after all!
So for others that may need to replace theirs, Walker p/n 46669 is a perfect match. The only difference between it and the original is the hanger is made of round stock rather than sheet metal.

good info - thanks!
Hope to have it on maybe by this w/e unless I find the muffler connection hacked up...it has a sleeve like clamp over it now. Will post up how it goes once all bolted up but it sure looks nice sitting on the garage floor :)

All bolted up fine without a hitch!
Here's how it looks

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 171
Hi, Were you replacing the original exhaust? Did the end of your CAT come with the 2 bolt ball and flange? or 4 bolt?

Mine was factory original 2 bolt, but most came with 4 bolt (cat) from the factory I think.

Hi, Were you replacing the original exhaust? Did the end of your CAT come with the 2 bolt ball and flange? or 4 bolt?

Mine was factory original 2 bolt, but most came with 4 bolt (cat) from the factory I think.
The cat is the original. The cat itself has a 4-bolt flange, but there is a section then that bolts to the 4-bolts and has the 2-bolt ball flange on the other end. The previous owner had put an incorrect OEM intermediate pipe on that just had the 4-bolt flange so the 4-bolt to 2-bolt ball flange part was removed.
I had that 4-bolt to 2-bolt ball flange part already, actually it came in a box with the car.

Good to know, I thought the Walker one always looked correct :) Glad you got it sorted in the end ... look forward seeing that hardtop of yours in Hebron :cool: