Anyone use Nicorette to stop smoking..

fatride

Has anyone used Nicorette or Nicotrol to quit smoking? Do the patches really work? Thanks for any input:D

Just set the cigs down, and walk away.
It's your mental state that will control your urge to stop or not.
It takes some real discipline to quit.

It took me several tries to stop, and it was the stopping cold that finally worked.

After smoking for 10yrs I finally stopped after the nicorette gum....And the fact prices kept surging higher.$3.40 a pack!!!!

After I quit smoking and was straight for a few months, I rewarded myself with the money that I would save and bought a quad runner. That kept me motivated. It usually takes a few trys, but you will overcome the cravings.

Good luck,
Bo

I never tried the nicorette. I smoked 2 packs a day for 20 years and quit 1st try using Zyban. (Actually my doctor wrote it for wellbutrin which is the exact same thing but covered under insurance)

It works but may cause some problems sleeping.

Steve

I quit for 3 mos one time using the patch. The only thing I would say is that the patch, while making it much easier to quit, gave me REALLY weird dreams at night. Not nightmares, but very strange, vivid dreams which I was warned about. Trick was, I quit drinking during that 3 month period which made it much easier. As soon as I had a few beers, I was smoking again lol.

I need to do this. My Mom just turned 70 and she could outlive me! Not good.

Its been 3 weeks here, tried the patch but made me dizzy, tired a half patch, same thing, so I just walked away from the cigs, I beleive it is a mental thing, so far so good, I only smoked about a half to 3/4 pack a day when I was puffing. hope this helps some one.

Ron