anyone running a walbro and hotwire?

plenty of people use a 255 walbro and a hot wire.

usually the hot wire comes first , then the pump if duty cycles dont improve from the hot wire.

I run zzp's hot wire kit (plug &play at the tank end) and a tre(the racers edge) ebay 255 pump

as to if its needed that depends on how many mods are on the car typically stock components are fine until you start dropping pulley sizes and richening up fueling with a tuner in the KR battle

I know I can get just a regular stock replacememnt pump to put in the hanger, do you know what application it is from? I still got the drop in unit with only 6800 miles on it, I'd like to replace just the pump. I know I can order it online from the wbody store, but I don't want to wait a week for it.

mine was weak with close to 200k when I upgraded , that 6800 mile unit should be good for a while unless you plan on making a lot of power

It actually crapped out. It's got a pump from a rollover in it now and the sender is no good. I think I'm just gonna get a walbro and hotwire. For the price of the replacements, I just as well do this.

I run a walbro with hotwire on E85 and it has never been a problem with #60 injectors.